Hampi is a place which many people don’t know anything about. It is one of those travel destinations, which reveals itself only to the more enthusiastic tourists. Hampi is a medieval center, currently lying in ruins, at the city of Vijaynagar in Karnataka. It is on the banks of the Tungabhadra River. Vijaynagar is the City of Victory, and it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Marauding Mughals razed the place to the ground, but its ruins are still charming.
Highlights about Hampi
- Step forth to a lesser-known UNESCO World Heritage Site and delve into India’s rich history and culture.
- Enjoy sightseeing around the ancient ruins spread across twenty-six square kilometers.
- Pay homage to the Gods at the sacred ghats and temples in Hampi.
- Visit another UNESCO-listed sixteenth-century shrine at the East of the Hampi Bazaar called the Vittala Temple.
- You can also ride a Coracle at Sanapur Dam, but it depends on the current water level.
- Check out Anegudi, a haven for foreign as well as Indian backpackers.
Basic details about Hampi
- Age group: 18-50 years
- Duration: 2 nights/ 3 days
- Areas to explore: Hampi, Anegudi
- Difficulty level: None at all
- Sector: Karnataka
- Cost: Rs. 5,000 + 5% GST (per person - Hospete to Hospete)
How to reach Hampi
Reaching Hampi can be somewhat difficult because it doesn’t have any railway stations or airports. Road transportation is only possible from a few South Indian cities.
Reach Hampi by road
As already mentioned, you can travel to Hampi by buses only from a few neighboring states like Andhra Pradesh, Goa, or Maharashtra. However, once you are in Karnataka, you can avail government buses to Hospet. Hospet is the gateway to Hampi.
Reach Hampi by train
There are a few long-distance trains that pass through Hospet and a few passenger trains as well. People coming from faraway places like Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, and Kolkata have to split their journey. The direct trains include Amaravathi Express, Hampi Express, and Garib Nawaz Express.
Reach Hampi by air
The nearest airports are Hubli and Belgaum. The former is about one hundred and sixty kilometers away from Hampi. The latter is two hundred and seventy kilometers away. You should fly to Bangalore and board the overnight Hampi Express.
Detailed Hampi Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival at Hospet.
We arrive in Hospet by 11 am.
Hop into Auto-Rickshaw, get ready we are heading to Hampi.
A cozy local Homestay is arranged for you .
Our day starts with sightseeing the ancient ruins in and around Hampi town in an auto rickshaw.
which also encompasses the city’s most sacred enclave of The architecturally rich Virupaksha temple and ghats,Kadalekalu Ganesha, Hemakuta Hill, Sasivekalu Ganesha, Hampi Bazaar.
Our Day ends with Sunset from Mantanga Hill .
Night stay : Hampi Homestay.
Day 2: Hampi to Anegundi
Post breakfast we head to Anegundi/Gangavathi
- If you are lucky you get to see Laxmi Temple Elephant in River bathing 8:00 AM)
- Catch boat at Boating point to cross the Tungabhadra River.
- Situated in the countryside amongst sandstone hills, lakes and peaceful farmlands is Anegundi rather relaxed backpackers heaven.
- Day Start with visiting Pampa Sarovar followed by a small hike (30 min uphill) to see a panoramic view of Hampi from Anjani Parvat (Lord Hanuman Birth Place) Houses a very beautiful Hanuman Temple on top of the hill, also known as Monkey Temple. Relax and Take pictures.
- Afternoon have lunch at a cafe next to the paddy field.
- Evening (5:00 PM) Drop in Rickshaw to Hospet Bus stop .
- Catch Evening Overnight Bus to Mumbai.
Day 3: Reach Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- 2 Nights’ accommodation in Home-stay – Double sharing
- All internal transfers by Auto Riksha
- Breakfast & Dinner for all days
- Guide 2 days & entry Tickets of monuments.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mumbai – Hospet, Hospet – Mumbai (A/C Sleeper Bus Bus Suggestion – VRL or MG Travels)
- Moped bike Fuel (Anegudi) for one day to be shared between two pax.
- Private group Coracle Ride in Anegundi (Sanapur)
- Activity Charges – Bouldering, Cycling, Coracle ride etc.
- Lunch & Dinner (We want you to try out local Cuisines & not restricted to a particular restaurant, cafe)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (Camera charges, etc.)
- Tax as applicable
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water bottle
- Extra pair of clothes, Towel, Jacket, etc.
- Blankets for bus/train travelling
- Warm clothes
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Proper footwear
- Proper haversack to put all these things
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof