Gorakhgad is a fort that can be done easily in a day from Mumbai and Pune. Gorakhgad and Machindragad have always been an attraction for the thrill-seekers because of their fireplace. This range of Gorakhgad and Machchindragad has a dense forest cover. Fort Gorakhgad is pretty small in size. It was had strategic influence during the reign of Shahaji Raje. However, there is no mention of any fighting here. This fort was used only to monitor the surrounding area. It was used in the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj era to guard the nearby region and used as a halt station during the journey to Junnar via Naneghat. Despite the limited spaces, there is sufficient availability of water and a lot of area for convenience. The fort gets its name from Saint Gorakhnath, who performed his “Sadhana” in this place.
Gorakhgad Fort Details
- Gorakhgad Fort Height: 2137 feet
- Meeting Point: Titwala station
- Region: Malshej
- Duration Gorakhgad Trek: 1 Night 1 Day
- Cost: Rs. 1500/- per person
Event Itinerary for Gorakhgad trek
22:45 Meet at WEH metro station bus stop, Andheri.
23:00 Start journey towards Gorakhgad.
23:15 Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on highway), Bandra.
23:30 Pick up at Sion station circle.
00:15 Pick up at Teen Hath Naka, Thane.
03:00 Reach village and rest.
03:30 Commencement of the Gorakhgad trek after briefing and a short introduction.
07:00 Reach at top and explore. Have a breakfast.
08:30 Start Descending.
11:30 Reach base village.
12:00 Have a lunch.
13:00 Start Return journey towards Mumbai.
18:00 Reach Mumbai and disperse.
- Those who are coming by their own vehicle, please follow all covid-19 safety guideline and reach at base village on time.
- Due to above issue, if you come late or unable to come, will not provide any refund.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Travel by private non-Ac bus (with transport option)
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till base village (without transport option)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
1. How to go Gorakhgad from Mumbai?
The meeting point for this trek will be at Titwala Railway Station. We have mentioned the train timing in the itinerary. Kindly boarded the train accordingly. Our trek leader will meet you at Railway Station near the ticket counter. From here we will move towards the base village in our jeeps. Mumbai to Gorakhgad is well marked on google maps.
In case you are travelling in your vehicle till Dehri village, we request you to reach on time. We will provide you with the google maps location till Dehri village. There is a low network or no network in this region in case of car breakdown at night it will be challenging to find help.
2. What is the Gorakhgad Trek batch size regularly?
Usually, each Gorakhgad Night trek group has 05 - 30 people which comprises women, men, children, solo travelers. We send trek leaders as per the batch size to make sure you enjoy your trek and receive proper guidance whenever needed. Bigger the group more the fun, our trek leader engages with trekkers and traveler to keep the group motivated.
3.Do you provide pick up and drop service from Mumbai for Gorakhgad Trek?
During Winter and Summer seasons trekkers will have to reach till Titwala Railway Station and meet our guide. The guide will bring you till base village in Local jeeps you will be sharing the vehicle with other trekkers. In case you are coming in a car you need to reach on time till Dehri Village using google maps location provided by us.
4. I am a Female traveler or Solo traveler can i join Gorakhgad Night Trek?
Gorakhgad Trekking route is very safe for female trekkers, locals are very friendly. Our team will take care of your safety
5. Distance from Mumbai to Gorakhgad- highest peak in Maharashtra?
Three hours drive from Mumbai - 93 km approx. The road is under repair in certain sections and in bad condition.
6. The number of days required for Gorakhgad trekking?
One day and One Night is required to complete the Gorakhgad Night Trek. During monsoon, the trek is held early morning due to dense fog covering the peak. During winter and summer, it is advised to summit Gorakhgad around dawn to avoid intense heat during the day. Gorakhgad trek pics are available in the photo gallery you can click on the button to see more.
7. Where can we park our cars near the Gorakhgad trek?
Base Village at your own risk. Locals might ask for parking fees. There are no designated parking areas around the village.
8. Are Toilet Available on Gorakhgad Mountain?
Not available During the trek toilets are not available on Gorakhgad Trek. You will need to go in the open. Provision for toilet will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode. There is a scarcity of water so English toilets are not available.
9.Do Single Travellers Female signup for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
Many Single Travelling Female join our events
We also send female trek leaders whenever possible and available to lead.
10. Are Kids allowed on treks?
11. What type of food will be provided?
Food preference only Veg local home-cooked is available.
12. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
13. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Getaway on the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must
14. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
15. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
Gorakhad Peak and trekking route is sacred to all Maharashtrians anyone caught smoking or consuming alcohol will be at the mercy of locals.
16. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speakers not allowed inside the homestay.
Please enjoy the sound of nature on the trek.
Trek leaders keep giving instructions throughout the trek you will miss important communication if listening to music.
17. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website by clicking on the book now tab.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us: firstname.lastname@example.org