Cycle trail to Sewri mudflats in Mumbai
Cycling is now the most happening activity around Mumbai these days. With equal streets starting cycle price have started to pick up speed. Cycles in India have been for a long time. However its was some traditional manufactures who offered a few options. However now its all flooded with Chinese, German and American bicycle. For many its cycling for weight loss as cycling benefits have always been far better than sitting on a couch at home. We may not have cycling tracks in Mumbai. Yes we could take one of the many cycle routes Mumbai. As cycling around Mumbai on a one day cycling event will help you burn those calories that you always wanted.
Call us and we could arrange for a cycle on hire for you.
Cycle Trail Sewri Mudflats
- 06:00 Met at Bandra station
- 06:10 Introduction and orientations
- 06:15 Start cycle trail
- 06:45 Reach Sewri mudflats
- 07:15 Complete photography activity
- 07:30 Sewri fort
- 08:00 Start cycle trail back to Bandra
- 08:30 Cycle trail ends at Bandra station (west)
Bandra Station >> Mahim Koliwada >> St Micheal Church - via Lady Jamshedji road >> Sena Bhavan >> Dadar >> Hindu Colony >> Road No 16 >> BPCL Terminal >> Sewri Ford road >> Sewri mudflats
Cycling tips for beginners
If you follow these tips you will have a better, safer and more enjoyable time on your bike. These are a few tips - as more and more people nowadays have started to choose this healthy way to stay fit. Remember a good warm up is essential before you start your ride.
1. Protect your head. Head injuries are the cause of 60 percent of all cycling deaths. Don't ride with headphones on.
2. Don't pedal in high gear for extended periods of time. When you pedal in a high gear it puts added strain on you knees.
3. Use your gears. When climbing hills shift into a gear that will help you without putting undue stress on your knees.
4. Get a proper bike fit and working in all aspects. Get the right saddle. As it will make or break your ride.
5. Change position while riding, this will keep your hands, arms and rear from getting numb due to prolonged time in a given position.
6. Know the rules. Ride with traffic and obey all road signs. Stay alert at all times
7. Keep your head up. Look out in front far enough ahead so you can react to any obstacles in the road or on the shoulder in front of you. If you follow these tips you will have a better, safer and more enjoyable time on your bike
How to be a part of this cycle trail
1. Need to have your own Cycle in good working condition.
2. Helmet, safety gears like Gloves or Guards, Cycle Saddle Bag, Tool Kit is compulsory.
3. Head lamp and Rear LED light compulsory.
4. Puncture repairs KIT.
5. Reflectors are important and mandatory and act as a backup for your cycle.
What is included in the tour
- Assisted tour from Bandra railway station till Sewri and back
What is NOT included in the tour
- Breakfast, Insurance is not included or offered for this event, any medical emergency.
- Any other item not mentioned in the included list
What to carry for cycle trail
- Identity proof
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Personal care medicines, wear cycling shorts and t-shirts, shades for eye protection.
- Carry cash for personal expenses on the way.
- Carry drinking water (2 litres)
- Small snacks like chocolate bars for instant energy
- Electoral powder a few bananas.
- Optional things that you may want to carry
- Personal camera at your own risk, Buff, Sunscreen.