We have planned a fantastic backpacking adventurous trek in the Himalayas. Parvati Valley is famous for dense pine tree forests, hot water springs, beautiful waterfalls, easy short hikes, and stunning valley views. Kasol also was known as Mini Israel. It has famous cafes and hostels overlooking the valley. One can also hike to Malana Village to meet the locals, who are descendants of Alexander the Great's army to experience ancient Malana Culture. They have many rules for outsiders, which are unique. On this trip, you also get to visit the picturesque village- Tosh. Overall this Trek is an easy beginner trek and you can enjoy a panoramic view of the surrounding Himalayas.
Kasol & Kheerganga Trek details
- Kasol Camping Kheerganga trek Duration 2 Nights and 3 Days
- Kasol To Kheerganga trek difficulty level easy to moderate
- Kasol To Kheerganga Trek highest altitude 10,000 feet
- Temperature: -3 –8° C
- Kasol & Kheerganga Trek Cost: Rs. 3,000 + 5% GST per person
Kasol & Kheerganga Trek Itinerary
DAY 1: KASOL TO CHALAAL (2km | 1hour)
Misty morning, tall trees, untouched hills and a breath of fresh air - this exactly what Kasol is! Upon reaching Kasol and a bit of walking, reach your campsite. Enjoy the greener and a happier space by the riverside. Take some rest and have your fill of breakfast. Once you are up and ready, it will be time to explore the ‘Little Amsterdam’ while making our way to Chalal. While a walk through the lanes of Kasol, you will notice many Israeli cafes and shops to buy your souvenirs from. Gradually, we will walk towards, what is known as Trance and Psychedelic party village- Chalaal. This little village is tucked in the conifer dense forest. The walk doesn’t take more than 2 hours hyphenated with breaks. One can sit at the end of the village admiring the beauty of fiercely flowing Parvati river.Later in the evening, we will come back to the camping site; dance the night away around a bonfire while having taste-buds teasing dinner.
DAY 02 KASOL-BARSHAINI-RUDRANAG-KHEERGANGA(12km | 3-4hrs)
The thrilling Kheerganga trek begins from the small village of Kasol, situated on the banks of the serene Parvati River. After pickup, move to Barshaini, the point of confluence of Parvati and Tosh Rivers, to start hiking. Report at base camp before 10 AM to start the trek. While strolling through the magnificent landscape of Himachal Pradesh, you will be treated to majestic sights of nature. On the trail, pass a few wooden bridges and some slippery sections. During this part of the Kheerganga trek from Kasol, your eyes also feast on many picturesque waterfalls; remember to take pictures of every single one of these.Later, arrive at Rudra Nag, and take a small halt to admire the beauty of the landform. The serpent-shaped waterfall has become one of the biggest tourist attractions in the Parvati Valley and a popular stop for trekkers.The approximately 12-km hike along the gushing Parvati River also takes you to the villages of Kalga and Pulga. This is a great time to learn about the local way of life and see how people survive here. Interact with the locals, and click a few pictures with them to save as memoirs of the amazing time you have on the Kasol to Kheerganga trek.
After reaching the green meadow of Kheerganga, take a refreshing dip in the hot springs to wash off the fatigue of the journey. The cool weather and vistas of the mighty peaks of the Himalayas, and the therapeutic water of the hot springs is a unique combination; an experience you will remember for the rest of your life. Later, enjoy a good night’s sleep in your camp to gather energy for the next day.
DAY 03 CHECK OUT
Enjoy the breathtakingly beautiful morning. It seems like a spectrum painted on the canvas. Spend some time doing nothing at all. There's joy in doing nothing at all. Just laze around in the grass under towering pine trees with the sun filtering through the foliage. While coming back be prepared to leave a part of yourself behind.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in dome/alpine tents on triple sharing basis and Guesthouse in Tosh
- Breakfast and dinner
- Local transport Kasol – Barshaini – Kasol
- All permits and entry fees
- Trek equipment like sleeping bag, mattress, and tent
- Toilets- Kasol: Pucca toilet| Kheerganga: Pucca toilet, Indian style
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transportation to and from Kasol
- Trekking Poles, Boots, Jackets, etc.
- Any deviation or detour
- Cost escalation due to reasons beyond control
- Medical Insurance
- Airfare / Train fare for Mumbai - Delhi-Mumbai
- Tranportation to and fro kasol
- Medical Insurance
- Taxes as applicable
- Anything is NOT mentioned in the “Inclusions” or personal in nature.
- Lunch (We want you to try out local Cuisines & not restricted to a particular restaurant, cafe)
- Meals while travelling
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (Camera charges, etc.)
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- Valid ID Proofs
- Sufficient cash as it is difficult to find ATMs in the mountains
- Waterproof trekking shoes & jacket
- Torch with extra batteries
- Warm clothes
- Camera with extra batteries
- Lighter & Trekking stick
- Personal medicines
In case you need to cancel your plans for the trip due to avoidable/unavoidable reasons, please do notify us via email.
The cancellation charges will be as follows:
- 30 days and above prior to date of departure: 20% of the tour cost
- 29 to 16 days prior to date of departure: 30% of the tour cost
- 15 to 8 days prior to date of departure: 50% of the tour cost
- Less than 7 days prior to date of departure: No refund
- No show No Refund
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation