About Bhrigu Lake Trek - Trekking in Manali
Bhrigu Lake Trek is worth getting to, and a lot of trekkers do the trek to get to the famous lake. What makes the trek worth it is the beautiful meadows on the way towards the Bhrigu Lake. The lake is in the high altitude district of Kullu. It is the holy place of Bhrigu Rishi – A Great Saint from the Indian history. On most high altitude treks in India, you'll discover meadows from thick forest, typically of oak. The sudden change in perspectives is startling and delightful. While the vast majority of these meadows are a pleasure to see, some are more extraordinary than others. The ones on the Bhrigu lake trek are among these.
Highlights about Bhrigu Lake Trek:
Camp in alpine meadows.
Bhrigu Lake trekking at a height of 14000 feet.
Time spent on clicking pictures of the enchanting views of the meadows.
Learn about the local culture and their day to day life.
Basic Details about Bhrigu Lake Trek:
Category: Camping / Trek
The height of the Trek: 14,000 Feet
Duration: 3nights/4 Days
How to Reach Bhrigu Lake Trek in Manali:
Manali is well connected to all the states across India. Once can merely travel by Road or by Air. Delhi is taken as a reference to Guide our trekkers. So plan accordingly.
Reach Manali by Road:
Manali connected to Delhi via roadways. Take an overnight bus from Delhi, and you will reach Manali in 12 - 14 hours. Tickets can be booked online at www.redbus.in or www.hrtc.gov.in
Reach Manali by Air:
Kullu–Manali Airport in Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport. Taxi services are available from Airport to Manali, which costs about Rs. 700- Rs1000.
Tip: Since Delhi to Manali is a long journey, most Volvo private buses leave Delhi between 5 pm and 6 pm. The last HRTC bus leaves at 8.30pm from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Plan your onward journeys only post noon is giving enough buffer for bus delays.
Bhrigu Lake Trek Itinerary:
DAY 01: Report At The Basecamp In Old Manali
Arrive at the Camps in Old Manali on your own. Afterwards, you will be allotted with your respective tents. Don’t miss out on the sound of gushing river Beas. Enjoy the rush while you stroll in our campsite. After some time, you will be taken for an acclimatization walk through Manali town. Or you can explore the town on your own. In the evening, enjoy the warmth of the bonfire, and quickly catch up for orientation regarding the trek route, things to carry and how to pack your bags. Overnight stay in our campsite.
DAY 02: Drive From Manali To Kulang| Trek from Kluang To Moridogu. (3hrs – 4hrs)
Wake up to the beautiful sunrise. After breakfast, drive to KULANG (Starting point of the trek). Once we are there, we will begin our trek to our first base camp at MoriDogu. The dinner will be served at Moridogu and tents will be allotted at the campsite.
DAY 03: Trek To Bhrigu Lake From Moridogu. (7hrs-8hrs)
Today trekking will take us once more unto high plateaus above the Kullu valley. We start the day early and post breakfast we will begin trekking towards Bhrigu Lake. It takes around 3 hours to reach Bhrigu. We will carry packed lunch and have it by the lakeside. Care should be taken that no littering happens over here. According to many accounts Rishi Bhrigu meditated here and used to take a bath in the holy water. After lunch, we will descend to Moridogu campsite and relax for the rest of the day.
DAY 04: Trek Back To Kulang And Departure (3hrs-4hrs)
After the Breakfast, we will trek down to Kulang. The trek is easy as it has a moderate descend throughout and will take around 3-4 hours to reach Kulang. Ride to Manali and departure from Manali bus stand.
The FAQ on Bhrigu Lake Trek:
1. When is the best time recommended for the trek?
Best time to go for Bhrigu Lake Trek is from May to October.
2. How difficult is the Bhrigu Lake Trek?
Bhrigu Lake Trek in comparison is easy to moderate difficulty with other high altitude treks.
3. How much distance do we have to trek each day?
On an average, we cover roughly 6-7 km between our camping stations.
4. What will happen if a trek is extended?
Beyond our controllable reasons when the trek is extended, then additional charges tend to be applied.
5. Who will be our lead guide person?
Lead guide person is certified & experienced personnel. These guides are locally sourced and have other team members including local guides, cook, helpers, and porters.
6. Is this trek safe for girls?
Our treks are planned with a male: female ratio. As an organizer, we make sure that their tents are shared only with other female trekkers.
7. Many people in a tent?
Our tents are all three person tents.
8. What is the level of fitness expected from the trekkers?
Good physical and mental fitness is expected to complete the Trek. Bhrigu Lake Trek is ideal for beginners to familiarize themselves with similar high altitude treks.
9. Typical Food menu during a trek?
We make sure that wholesome and nutritious breakfast, lunch and evening snacks are served. We believe and serve only vegetarian food as it is easy to digest and preferable in high altitudes.
10. What if we encounter a medical emergency?
We are trained to manage emergencies in high altitudes. Our lead guide is trained and experienced personnel. Our team does carry emergency first aid kits and oxygen cylinder.
What is included in the tour
- All meals during the trek (Day 1 Dinner to Day 4 Lunch)
- All accommodation (3 Nights in sharing Tents)
- All camping equipment
- Medical Kit
- Professional Trek Leaders (Experienced Guide/Staff)
- All forests permits
- Toilet Tents
- Transport from Manali to Kulang and back
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Mules (A Hybrid Animal) to carry personal luggage
- Last Day Accommodation & Dinner is not included
- Any travel other than mentioned in the inclusions
- Unforeseen handling costs due to weather disturbance, landslides, political unrest
- Single room accommodations
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.
- Extra meals
- Any other which not mentioned in the inclusion list
- 1 Pair of Thermal
- 3 Pair of Socks + 1 Pair of woolen socks
- 2 Pair of Hand Gloves (Water Proof & Fleece material)
- Sun Cap
- Woolen Cap
- Neck Warmer (Scarf/Buff)
- 2 Quick Dry Full Sleeves (T-Shirt)
- 1 Full sleeves Fleece
- 1 Wind Proof Jacket (windcheater/Heavy Jacket)
- 2 Track Pants (No Cotton or Jeans)
- Sun Glass
- Sun scream, Lip balm, Moisturizer
- Trek Pole
- Trekking Shoes (No Sports shoes or Woodland shoes)
- Poncho (The Gear used to protect from Rain)
- Day pack (Small one)
- Back Pack 60 liter (+ Rain cover)
- 2 Water Bottles
- Toilet Paper & Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antibacterial Powder
- Tooth Brush
- Quick Dry Towel
Medicines to carry
- Crocin (1Strip)
- Disprine (1 Strip)
- Lomotive (1 Strip)
- Digene (1Strip)
- Band Aid - Qty 5
- Neusphorine Powder
- Betadine Tube
- Vomistop/Avomine (Motion Sickness Tablet)