This fort (1145 metres) is believed to be ancient and almost 2500 years old. This fort has only few ruins and remains on the top. There are two big caves on the top in which one cave is a shrine of Lord Bhairavnath and another cave is used for residence purpose. There are many water tanks on the top. The idol in the cave is very good carved painted and is well maintained by the villagers.
Bhairavgad (Shirpunje) Fort Trek Details
- Region: Ahmednagar
- Bhairavgad trek difficulty level: Medium
- Bhairavgad height: 4035ft
- Time required for climbing: 1.30 hours (one way)
- Cost: Rs. 1299/- per person
Ghanchakkar Bhairavgad Trek Itinerary
Day 0 - Saturday Night
Catch CSMT – Kasara local
Kasara slow local
- 09:32 pm - CSMT
- 09:40 pm - Byculla
- 09:50 pm - Dadar
- 10:00 pm - Kurla
- 10:06 pm - Ghatkopar
- 10:27 pm - Thane
- 10:51 pm - Dombivli
- 11:03 pm - Kalyan
- 12:13 am - Kasara
12:30 am - Meet Trek Leader at Kasara Railway Station.
12:45 pm - Move towards the base village in by private local vehicle.
05:00 am - Reach at base village - Shirpunje.
Freshen up and Breakfast.
06:00 am - Start ascending.
07:30 am - Reach at the top and explore. Visit temple and Ghanchakkar ladders.
We will climb the ladder only and reach Ghanchakkar and descend soon we will not head further
09:30 am - Start descending.
11:00 am - Reach at base village.
11:30 am - Lunch.
12:30 pm - Start return journey towards Kasara station.
04:30 pm - Reach at Kasara station and disperse.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Bhairavgad (Shirpunje) Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- Kasara to Kasara travel by private local jeep
- 1 veg breakfast and 1 veg lunch
- Trek leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost included above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, and bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- Mask and Sanitizer
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with an extra battery.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect you from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, or natural habitats on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back at their own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speakers are not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent or break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.