About Ajoba Hills Trek
Ajoba Hills Trek is one of the highest peak in Sahyadri. One of the best places to trek near Mumbai. Which can be climbed either from eastern or from western side. The climb from eastern side takes longer time. There is a Valmiki Ashram at half way to the fort. The rest path to the top is said to be risky during monsoon. Near the Ashram, there is a small hut where we can stay. A small water stream provides us with pure water. The way beyond Ashram leads to a rivulet, crossing which we can reach the cave of ‘LUV-KUSH’. To reach this spot we have to ascend the way of waterfall for one and half hour. Above this cave there is a precipice called ‘Cradle of Sitamai’. In the cave there are the carved “Padukas” or the footprints of Luv and Kush. This precipice is a real challenge for trekkers. The ashram is a sacred place and people from all over Maharashtra come here. There are some carved stones near the ashram, on which some carved idols depict some story.
Recommended train timing - Asangaon. Please board the 2nd compartment from ahead (Kasara end). This is a train till Asangaon - slow local.
- CST 05:14
- Dadar 05:32
- Kurla 05:43
- Thane 06:10
- Kalyan 06:41
- Asangaon 07:20
Event Itinerary Ajoba Hills trek
- 07:30 Report at Asangaon railway station
- 07:45 Group introduction/orientation and have breakfast.
- 08:15 Reach the base village by bus or jeep.
- 09:15 Reach base village
- 09:30 Start trek
- 12:30 Reach in Valmiki ashram, lunch at the ashram
- 14:30 Start descending Ajoba.
- 17:30 Reach at base village, travel to Asangaon by Bus / Jeep
- 19:00 Group disperses at Asangaon railway station.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling from Asangaon to Dehne and back
- 1 veg breakfast, 1 evening tea.
What is NOT included in the tour
Anything not mentioned in cost includes
Things to carry
- Haversack and sweater / windcheater to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts.
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Camera (Optional).
- Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
- Personal medicines. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
- Good trekking shoes, 1 extra pair of clothes.
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
- Carry one time meal (Lunch) for this trek.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
- Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
- Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
- Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
- Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
- Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
- Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only