Overnight Trek to Sandhan Valley 25th - 26th April 2014
Summary: Trekking near Mumbai
Region: Igatpuri Sandhan Valley
Contribution: Rs 1100.00 per person
Assembly: Kasara railway station
Duration: 1 Day and 1 Night
Grade: Medium / Difficult
Sandhan Valley Height 4100 Ft.
About Sandhan Valley Trek near MumbaiSandhan Valley Maharashtra, is also known as Valley of Suspense or Valley of Shadows.It is one of the greatest canyons in the splendid setting of Sahyadri (Western Ghats). The water carved valley is 200 ft deep and about 1.5 KM long. Sandhan valley is located on the western side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded with mighty Alang, Madan and Kulang (Known as AMK- rated as the toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad, Ajoba & Kalsubai (5400 ft. highest peak in Maharashtra) mountain ranges. The brilliant and deep narrow rock floored ravine is located between the two high walls of mountain range. At some places its width is less than 3 ft and at some places sun rays unable to reach the ground which gives it the name Valley of Shadows. Sandhan Valley Rock Patchesare exciting for Trekkers. Sandhan Valley Trek Route is between Medium & Difficult Level.
Board Kasara Semi Fast local 3rd last compartment on 25th April 2014, timing as follows for Trek
Sandhan Valley Itinerary
01:45 Depart for Samrad by Private vehicle
03:00 Reach Samrad and rest
06:00 Wakeup call
06:30 Breakfast &Tea @ Samrad
07:00 Start our trek of Sandhan Valley
We have to go through about 2 feet deep water for about 15-20 meters on the way
11:30 1stRappelling of 50 ft patch
Lunch time midway & then 2 more patches of 20 feet 2 rappel
14:30 Reach base and then Trek towards Dehne
17:00 Reach Dehne - Vorpadi
17:15 Depart by Private Vehicle for Asangaon
18:15 Reach Asangaon and have Evening Snacks & Tea
Board CST Fast local of 18:53 or 19:13. We will be at Dadar around 20:19 or 20:39 Hrs (that’s subjective)
Things to carry for
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Lunch & Water 3 lts (Mandatory).
- Good footwear (Mandatory).
- Sleeping Bag / Mattress / Bed sheet / Pull over / Carry mat (Mandatory – to sleep for some time on top)
- Head Torch / torch (Mandatory).
- Extra pair of clothes, Towels & Napkins (Optional).
- Slippers or floaters (just to relax your feet before & after the trek) (optional)
- Personal small medical kit. (Which you require usually/Optional)
- Electral / Tang powder.
- Cap / Goggles. (Optional)
- Other things as per your choice. (Camera, Binoculars, etc.)
- Plastic bag to keep clothes dry.
- Please carry your personal tea mugs and a small Swiss-knife.
- Haversack to put all these things.
***** Carry one time meal (Lunch) for the trek. *****
Things not to carry
Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at own risk)
Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags for this trek
No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountains
P.S.: Please don’t wear floaters or slippers during hiking & STRICTLY wear good shoes or footwear; it’s for your own safety. Carry and wear two pairs of socks to avoid blisters.
Group Trekking Rules:
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact...send a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops not allowed. Short pants till knee length allowed.
The cost for the entire event is Rs. 1100.00 per person.
Cost Includes Transportation from Kasara 2 Asangaon by private vehicle, 2 Refreshments + Rappelling, Equipment Charges & Treks and Trails India fee.
Please book yourself with advance payment of Rs. 600/- (Non-refundable) per head.
Whatsapp Updates / Email Updates
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9