Exploration trek to Ghanchakkar Peak fourth highest in Maharashtra on 25th 26th March 2017
About Ghanchakkar Trek
Ghanchakkar is 4th highest peak in Maharashtra its neighbor gavaldeo peak is the 3rd highest.
This peak in Sahyadris could show chilling nights even in the month of May.
Few things in between are not planned and these things are must in an adventure trek.
DURATION: 3 hours ascent and 2 hours descent
DISTANCE: 6 kilometers one way
MAX. ELEVATION: 1520 meters
START AND FINISH: Shirpunje villagenear rajur, Ahmednagar Dist
WEATHER: Ghanchakkar Mountain is total barren with no tree cover.
Overview: Trek starting from kasara station.
Train Time: Take CST- Kasara (Mulund fast)
10.50 pm – CST
11.05 pm – Dadar
11.34 pm – Thane
11.57 pm – Dombivli
12.07 am – Kalyan
01.18 am - Kasara
Day 1 -
10.50 pm – Take kasara train from CST
Day 2 –
01.18 am: Meeting point Kasara stn.
04.30 am: Reach shirpunje (base village) by private transport and rest at the villager place
07.00 am: Start trek after Introduction and briefing, Tea & Breakfast
10.00 pm: Reach top, explore around and relax
12.30 pm: Start the descend
02.30 pm: Reach the Base Village
03.30 pm: Move towards kasara station, Evening Refreshments
06.00 pm: Reach kasara Station. Move towards Mumbai
- Transport from kasara station and back
- Breakfast, Evening Refreshments
- Professional expertise for the trip.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered etc
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
How to Register
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
Things to Carry
- ID proof
- Bag packs, No duffels’ or sling Bags.
- A bottle of water (At least 3 Liters),
- Some ready to Eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Medicine & Personal Care those if u require usually (Optional)
- Good trekking shoes(Compulsory)
- 1 pair of clothes.
Treks and Trails India Rules
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
2. Treks and Trails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
3. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
4. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
5. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at your own risk).
Disclosures on Medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )