One day monsoon trek to Tandulwadi fort in Palghar on 19th July 2015 with Treks and Trails near Mumbai
Date: 19th July 2015.
Cost: Rs 450.00
Minimum: 5 participants
Maximum: 15 Participants
About Tandulwadi fort:
Not much has been said about this fort. However it did have strategic importance over a period of time in the western region. Tandulwadi as a fort was originally designed and held by the Portuguese. Later was also taken over by Marathas. The last know owners of the fort were the British army. Thou we can get to this fort by walking 90 minutes from Saphale railways station to reach base village. We can also by public transport to save time.
What is the plan?
Meet at Saphale Railway Station, ticket counter at 07:15 am
How to travel?
Participants on western line can board in the Churchgate - Dahanu local train which leaves Churchgate at 5.24 am and halting at the below timings on the following stations
Mumbai Central: 5.34
Participants from Central line can board in the Dombivli - Boisar Train which starts from Dombivili at 5:43am and reaches Saphale at 07:24
TreksandTrails Itinerary for TreksandTrails trek to Tandulwadi fort
08:00 Travel to base village by public transport
08:30 Introduction, expectation setting with, rules to be followed, orientation.
08:45 Start the trek
11:00 Explore the fort & Lunch break
15:00 Travel to Mumbai by train
Note: The cost of the event would be Rs. 450.00
Inclusion: Transport from Saphale railway station to Tandulwadi base village & back, breakfast, Tea, 1 Veg lunch TreksandTrails expertise charges if any.
Exclusion: Emergency Medical evacuations if any required, Insurance and any item/event not mentioned in the inclusion list.
Participation contribution is NON Refundable and NOT Transferable. We shall travel together as a group. This is a group activity.
Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption. Food/Tea purchase while travelling to activity site and back.
Treks and Trails Advisory Note:
Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek. It’s not a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking exploration. The leader’s decision will be final and all the members should abide by it. Do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments. Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking. Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or even local people. Due to the Monsoon season we recommend you to please take care at every place while walking /climbing / trekking. Rains are expected so please double pack your valuables in plastic bags to save them from getting wet. ***No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountains. ***
Treks and Trails recommends things to carry
1. Haversack and sweater/wind cheater to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts.
2. Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
3. Camera (Optional), please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at own risk)
4. Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
5. Personal medicines. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
6. Good trekking shoes, Extra Pair of Clothes.
7. Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
Treks and Trails rules:
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding. ***Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer. ***
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at your own risk)
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags. Payment made is non refundable and non transferable.
Disclosures on medical conditions
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.