Height: 1500 ft
Type: Hill Fort
Minimum: 05 participants
Maximum: 25 participants
Karnala fort is a hill fort in Raigad district about 13 km from Panvel. Located in within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary. It was a fort of strategic importance. Redeemed with the power struggle of many rulers, Karnala Fort stands as a specimen of the 13th century constructions. The fort was sparingly used by the Karnala rulers including Mudhan and Peshwas until 1818, followed by the British.
07:30 Assembly at Panvel Station
07:45 Reach Panvel state transport depot.
09:00 Reach Karnala base by ST bus / Tum-Tum and start trek
11:00 Summit and explore
12:30 Start descend
17:30 Disperse at Panvel ST depot.
****** Carry one time meal (Lunch) for the trek.*******
We would be getting back to Panvel Depot at approx 18:30 - subjective
AVOID USING PERFUMES AND DEO ESPECIALLY FOR THIS TREK.
Please don’t wear floaters or slippers during hiking & STRICTLY wear good shoes or footwear; it’s for your own safety. Carry and wear two pairs of socks to avoid blisters. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at own risk). Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags during trekking. At the forest entry – point, All plastic bottles will be Counted. A deposit amount will be paid. In case, if any participant member forget his bottle in the sanctuary and is unable to produce the bottle on return then it attracts a penalty of Rs 1000.00. *No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountain. Participation contribution is NON Refundable and NOT Transferable. We shall travel together as a group. This is a group activity. Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption. Food/Tea purchase while travelling to activity site and back.
Inclusion: Travel from Panvel ST depot – to Karnala fort base – and back to Panvel ST depot by tumtum / ST, Sanctuary entry fee, TreksandTrails, India charges if any.
Exclusion: Emergency Medical evacuations if any required, Insurance and any item/event not mentioned in the inclusion list. Camera fees
TreksandTrails Advisory Note:
Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek. It’s not a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking exploration. Do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments. Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking. Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or even local people. Due to the Monsoon season we recommend you to please take care at every place while walking /climbing / trekking. Rains are expected so please double pack your valuables in plastic bags to save them from getting wet. ***No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountains. ***
TreksandTrails recommends things to carry
1. Haversack and sweater/wind cheater to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts.
2. Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
3. Camera (Optional), please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
4. Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
5. Personal medicines. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
6. Good trekking shoes, Extra Pair of Clothes.
7. Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding. ***Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer. ***
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at your own risk)
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags. Payment made is non refundable and non transferable.
Disclosures on medical conditions
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.