Mcleodganj, Triund and Bir Billing Tour - (Mcleodganj-Mcleodganj/Bir)
Bir Billing is popular for paragliding. It is India's highest paragliding spot and world's 2nd highest paragliding spot.
McLeod Ganj is a suburb of Dharamshala in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh, India. It is known as "Little Lhasa" or "Dhasa" because of its large population of Tibetans.
Triund is a peaceful and appealing trekking destination. Nestled in the lap of Dhauladhar Range, 18 km from Dharamshala, the views of the grand Dhauladhar are stunning on one side & the ravishing Kangra valley has absolutely amazing views on the other. The Triund trek is a decently challenging trek, popular among trekkers of all ages.
Mcleodganj, Triund and Bir Billing Tour Details
- Dates: Every Saturday/Sunday Starting from Mcleodganj.
- Duration: 3 Nights / 4 Days
- Difficulty: Easy
- Highest Altitude: ~ 7700 - 8500 feet
- Temperature: 18°C - 23°C
- Age group: 18 to 35 yrs
- Cost: Rs. Rs. 8,999/- (per person)
Mcleodgunj -Triund- Bir Billing Itinerary
Day 0: Delhi - Mcelodganj
You'll be travelling in a Volvo around 6:00 p.m. from Majnu Ka Tila, Delhi.
Volvo will stop at a common point for dinner. (10 minutes)
- Meals are not included during the transit.
- Try not to stop for long and try reaching at the earliest so you have the whole day to enjoy.
- Due to rain, the travelling hours might increase.
- There's always a possibility of landslides in mountains, so keep that in mind and try to leave on time from Delhi, so you're not stuck in traffic for long.
Day 1: Mcleodganj Day Tour
Upon arrival in Mcleodganj, relax & freshen up. A hot breakfast at The Hogger (hostel’s cafe) shall be served. Post check-in at 1 PM, get ready for a fun packed day tour of the “Lhasa” town. Don’t forget to move light, put on sport shoes & take your camera. Our tour expert takes you around: Bhagsu temple & waterfall, Monastery, Mcleod town & bazaar, Sunset point, village hopping, etc. Reach the hostel after the day’s effort and retire in your warm & cozy beds. A delicious vegetarian dinner is served in the Hostel's cafe around 9 PM.
Day 2: Mcleodganj - Triund
Post breakfast around 9 AM, put on the hiking shoes and get ready to start the day a bit early. The trek begins post breakfast. Our highly experienced local trek guide awaits at the reception to start the trek. While trekking watch out for twists and turns on those hairpin curves. Do not forget to click the dense pine forest and migrant birds. After reaching Triund and pitching the tents, you can enjoy a beautiful sunset. A delicious vegetarian dinner (around the bonfire) sums up the day for a peaceful night under the twinkling sky.
Meals: Breakfast and Dinner
Day 3: Bir
Enjoy the sunshine and a warm cup of coffee with breakfast. Get up, freshen up and take a stroll on the mountain top. Do not forget to click the sunrise and the magnificent Dhauladhar range. Start the descent to Mcleod by 11 AM to reach Mcleod by 3 PM. Upon reaching we will further proceed towards the Bir. Check in at Bir by 6 PM. Relax and freshen up. Dinner and Bonfire.
Meals: Breakfast and Dinner
Day 4: Checkout
Post breakfast, get ready to explore Bir locally. Our local guide shall take you to various monasteries, Gunehar waterfall and the paragliding landing site. You can also try your hand at a paragliding session. Bir is the world's paragliding capital. Check out by 11 AM and will proceed towards Delhi.
Day 5: Reach Delhi
You'll reach Delhi by 8 a.m.
Although it depends on traffic and rain.
So do book your return flights/trains for the night.
Trip ends here.
What is included in the tour
- Delhi to Delhi travel by volvo
- Stay on sharing basis
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Expert trek leader and guide
- Forest permit charges
- First aid
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals while travelling
- Meals which are not mentioned in the itinerary (Lunch on all days)
- Adventure activities (Paragliding etc.)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (Camera charges, etc.)
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- Medical Insurance
- Thermal layers or fleeces
- 1 sweater/hoodie
- 1 feather jacket
- Trek pants/lower
- Poncho or raincoat
- Trekking/hiking shoes
- Woolen Cap
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen lotion
- Sanitizer, toiletries
- 60 to 46 days prior to date of departure: 20% of the tour cost
- 45 to 16 days prior to date of departure: 50% of the tour cost
- Less than 15 days prior to date of departure: No refund
- No show No Refund
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation