1.Choose a trekking group after few checking?
2. Good Shoes are must for Monsoon popular brands are deceiving in marketing campaign my recommendation
3. Repair Kit always carry Fevi sticks – Sewing Kit – Swiss Knife – Torch – Sticky Tape
4. Medicines preventive measures such as a through medical checkup before you start trekking can save you from unexpected hazards. Trekking destinations are mostly remote places, it is imperative to make a comprehensive first aid box consisting of basic drugs and accessories as part of the paraphernalia for trekking. Build a first aid box containing medicine
5. Food and Water for energy always carry little extra to share with friends
6. Toiletry help you stay germ free liquid soaps / toilet paper / sunscreen / toothpaste help maintain hygiene
7. Rucksack to put all your things in good options are available now in the market get a rain cover to keep belongings dry.
8. Poncho or Raincoat to stay dry, Ponchos are best as they cover your bag and help keep it dry avoid wearing rain jackets from market as they can handle only normal rains.
trekking water tablets
9. Slippers will relieve your feet from stress after a long walk and wet shoes
10. Extra pair of dry clothes / socks / water proof pouches or zip lock bags to keep cloths dry / Good hat / Whistle
11. Sleeping bag and mat for night treks to keep you warm from cold floor.
12. Listen to your trek leader and follow his instruction well, being injured or Stranded on a trek can mean days before evacuation or help, medical facilities are limited on trekking routes so help will reach after hours or days.
13. Avoid any kind of addictions on treks – alchohol – smoking – chewing tobacco. Dont listen to music while trekking you might miss important instruction being passed on.
14. Camera need extra protection in monsoon buy a waterproof housing to keep camera dry good options are available on ebay you can also check dicapac which is available in India.
15.Carry extra battery for mobiles camera torch since electricity is mostly not available.