Tikona Fort, also renowned as Vitandgad fort, is a major hill fort in Maval region near the Lonavala. Tikona fort, literally means triangle fort, had witnessed many dynasties ruled in the Maratha region. This was the nerve center of the many activities of entire Maval Pawna regions. The small hamlet close to the fort is Tikona path. The fort’s mammoth entrance is a special attraction. The Tikona fort is a great trekking destination for the adventurous tourists. One can get the eye-catching views of the Pawna Dam and the forts at Visapur, Tung, and Lohagad. The fort encloses a lake, Satvahan caves and the temple of 'Trimbakeshwar Mahadev'. The fort was built during the Silhara dynasty. There is a temple on top of the peak. The view of the Pawna dam, Kathingad, and valleys from the top is breathtaking.
Tikona Fort Details
- Tikona Fort Trek Difficulty Level: Medium
- Base Village for Tikona Fort: Tikona peth
- Region: Lonavala
- Total time required for climbing Tikona Fort: 1.5 hour one way
- Duration: 1 Day
- Tikona Fort Height: 3500 ft. (approx.)
- Cost Rs 1100/- (per person)
Tikona Fort Monsoon Trek Event Itinerary
Train timing for Mumbai people
Board Indrayani Express from CSMT (With ticket till Lonavala)
Time table of Indrayani Express
- 05:40 Mumbai CSMT
- 05:51 Dadar
- 06:14 Thane
- 06:35 Kalyan
- 07:15 Karjat
- 08:00 Lonavala
Train timing for Pune people
Catch local from Pune
- 06:30 Pune
- 06:35 Shivaji nagar
- 07:50 Lonavala
08:00 Meeting at Lonavala railway station and move towards base village.
09:30 Reach at base village and breakfast.
10:00 Start ascending.
12:00 Reach on top and explore.
13:00 Start descend.
14:30 Reach at base village and Lunch.
15:30 Start journey towards Lonavala railway station.
17:30 Reach at Lonavala.
Return journey options
Train options from Lonavala
For Mumbai people
- 17:59 Mumbai express
- 18:47 Intercity express
- 19:23 Indrayani express
For Pune people
Local from Pune
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Tikona Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Lonavala to Lonavala travel by jeep
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Lonavala from Mumbai/Pune
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litres.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
Tikona Fort Trek | Lonavala Monsoon Trek from Pune & Mumbai
A Monsoon trek to Tikona Fort, perfect trekking spot for those who wish to combine leisure with adventure. Go trekking near Mumbai and Pune!
Tikona also known as Vitandgad is the dominant hill fort in Maval in western India. It is located near Kamshet around 60 km from Pune. The village nearest to the fort is called Tikona-Peth. The 3500 ft high hill is pyramidal in shape and the name Tikona means "triangular".
A dominant hill fortress of the Pawana Maval region of the Konkan, Tikona Fort is a loved, frequented and very popular one-day trek spot of Maharashtra.
Tikona fort is a triangular shaped mountain fort which offers breathtaking views of the entire region including the forts of Lohagad, Tung,Visapur and Pawna.
How can I go to tikona fort?
Tikona Fort is located around 120 kms from Mumbai and 50 kms from Pune. From Mumbai, you can catch a Pune bound train and get down at Lonavala. From Lonavala, either take a local train or bus and alight at Kamshet. If coming from Pune, catch a local train going toward Lonavala and get down at Kamshet.
Who built Torna fort?
History of Torna Fort. This fort was captured by Shivaji Maharaj at the age of 17 this fort was in early stages of establishing 'Hindavi Swarajya'. The construction of the fort prove that the fort is from 13th century when Malik Ahmed a bahamni ruler till 1470 to 1486. Torna is also called as Prachandagad.
Tikona Fort in Maharashtra is also known as Vitandgad Fort - A triangular hill fort situated near Kamshet, 18 km away from Lonavala.
Tikona fort trek town of Pune is one of the most mesmerizing hiking routes near Lonavala. The fort stands at an elevation of 3850 feet.
Tikona fort trek is an easy 1 day trek from Mumbai. Tikona Fort or Vitandgad, - The perfect trekking spot for those who wish to combine leisure with adventure.
Incoming search terms related to Tikona Fort: tikona fort trek blog, how to reach tikona fort from pune by train, tikona fort camping, tikona fort haunted, tikona fort night trek, tikona fort to pawna lake, tikona fort nearest railway station, tikona fort weather