Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave.
Kothaligad night trek event details
- Kothaligad Peth night trek difficulty level: Medium.
- Base village for Kothaligad (Peth): Peth village/Ambivali village.
- Region: Karjat.
- Total time required for climbing Kothaligad (Peth) Fort: Maximum 2.5 hrs from Ambivali.
- Duration: 1 Day.
- Kothaligad trek height: 3100 ft. (approx.).
Kothaligad (Peth) night trek itinerary
Catch Karjat fast local from CST.
CST – Karjat fast local time table.
21:26 - CST.
21:33 - Byculla.
21:40 - Dadar.
21:47 - Kurla.
21:51 - Ghatkopar.
22:03 - Mulund.
22:07 - Thane.
22:20 - Dombivali.
22:20 - Kalyan.
23.30 – Meeting at Karjat railway station.
23:45 – Journey towards Ambivali by local tumtum.
01:15 – Reach at Ambivali.
01:30 – Ascend.
04:30 – Reach on top and rest till sunrise.
06:00 – View sunrise and explore fort.
07:00 – Descend.
08:00 - Peth Village.
08:30 - Breakfast.
09:30 - Descend continue.
10:30 - Ambivali.
10:45 – Journey towards Karjat by local tumtum.
12:30 - Karjat.
People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
Missing the train is missing Kothaligad (Peth) Night Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast.
- Travel Karjat to Karjat by local Jeep.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Karjat and back.
- Travel from Pune to Karjat and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.