Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave.
- Kothaligad (Peth) trek difficulty level : Medium.
- Base village for Kothaligad (Peth) : Peth village / Ambivali village.
- Region : Karjat
- Total time required for climbing Kothaligad Peth Fort - Maximum 2.5 hrs from Ambivali
- Duration - 1 Day
- Kothaligad (Peth) fort height - 3100 feet approx
Kothaligad (Peth) Monsoon Trek Itinerary
Catch Karjat slow local from CSMT.
CSMT – Karjat slow local timetable.
- 05:20 Mumbai CSMT
- 05:28 Byculla
- 05:38 Dadar
- 05:48 Kurla
- 06:15 Thane
- 06:37 Dombivli
- 06:48 Kalyan
- 07:39 Karjat
07:40 Meet at Karjat railway station, near ticket counter.
- 07:45 Move to Base Village by Tumtum / ST bus.
- 08:45 Reach at Ambivali and Breakfast.
- 09:15 Start ascending.
- 12:15 Reach on top and explore.
- 13:15 Descend.
- 15:30 Reach at Ambivali and Lunch.
- 16:45 Journey towards Karjat railway station by Tumtum / ST bus.
- 18:00 Reach at Karjat railway station.
People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
Missing the train is missing Kothaligad (Peth) Monsoon Trek, no refund will be provided.
Peth Trek Map - Kothaligad Trek Map
What is included in the tour
1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch.
Travel Karjat to Karjat by local Jeep.
Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
Travel cost from Mumbai to Karjat and back.
Travel from Pune to Karjat and back.
Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
Any kind of personal expenses.
Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Click on the link: Things to carry
1. Can we drive till Ambivali?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Ambivali?
Two and half hour’s drive from Mumbai 90 km approx
3. Distance from Pune to Ambivali?
Three hours drive from Pune - 135 km approx
4. Number of days required for this event?
One Day - One Night
5. Is there food available on Kothaligad - Peth Village?
Food available at base village - During day
6. How much time required climbing Kothaligad Peth ?
2.5 hours one way
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are Toilet Available on Kothaligad (Peth)?
- Not available. During the trek toilets are not available
- Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode
10. Do single traveller’s female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
- Cash payment is not accepted.
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
- On the spot payment not accepted.
- We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com