Harishchandragad is one of the best high forts near Mumbai, Maharashtra. Strong fortifications of this fort have multiple entry routes such as Junnar gate route, Sadhale ghat, Nalichi wat and Indore waat.
The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747. Main attractions on Fort: Sapta Tirta Pushkarini, Kedareshwar Cave, Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff), Taramati peak, Temple of Harishchandreshwar.
Harishchandragad Event Details
- Difficulty Level: Medium.
- Endurance Level: Medium.
- Height of fort: 4650 ft. approx.
- Region: Igatpuri.
Harishchandragad via Nalichi Vaat Itinerary
Day 0 – Friday Night.
23:15 Meet at Kalyan station.
23:30 Departure for Harishchandragad.
02:00 Reach at base village and take a rest.
05:30 Wake up and freshen up.
07:00 Start ascending Harishchandragad via Nalichi vaat.
15:00 Reach at Kokankada and Lunch.
Enjoy sunset at Kokankada.
06:00 Wake up and freshen up.
08:30 Start trek towards Harishchandreshwar Temple.
Visit Harishchandreshwar Temple, Kedareshwar Temple, Pushkarni, Caves.
10:30 Start descending via Pachanai route.
13:00 Reach at base village and Lunch.
14:00 Start return journey towards Kasara.
18:00 Reach at Kasara railway station and disperse.
What is included in the tour
- Kalyan to Bailpada and Pachnai to Kasara travel by local vehicle.
- 2 veg Breakfast, 2 veg Lunch, 1 Evening tea and 1 Dinner.
- Treks and Trails expertise charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Kalyan
- Travel from Kasara to back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water(Compulsory)
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- A proper backpack (No side bags and jholas)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Warm cloths (Jacket, Cap, Muffler)
- Extra pair of cloths, napkin
- Sleeping material (Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles