Harishchandragad is one of the best high forts near Mumbai, Maharashtra. Strong fortifications of this fort have multiple entry routes such as Junnar gate route, Sadhale ghat, Nalichi wat and Indore waat.
The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747. Main attractions on Fort: Sapta Tirta Pushkarini, Kedareshwar Cave, Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff), Taramati peak, Temple of Harishchandreshwar.
Harishchandragad Event Itinerary
Catch CSMT – Kasara local
Kasara semi fast local
01:20 Meeting at Kasara Railway Station.
01:30 Move towards the base village in by private local vehicle.
05:00 Reach at base village and rest.
06:00 Freshen up and Breakfast.
06:30 Start ascending.
09:00 Reach on top and explore.
Visit Harishchandreshwar temple, Kedareshwar temple, Pushkarani, Caves.
10:30 Starts trek towards Kokankada.
11:00 Reach at Kokankada and enjoy.
Enjoy your time at Kokankada.
13:30 Start descending.
16:00 Reach at base village and start return journey towards Kasara.
20:00 Arrival at Kasara railway station and disperse.
What is included in the tour
1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch.
Kasara to Kasara travel by private non ac local vehicle.
Treks and Trails expertise charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
Travel till Kasara and back.
Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
Any kind of personal expenses.
Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Thing to carry
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Packed dinner for Saturday night.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
1. Can we drive till Pachnai?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Pachnai?
Four hours drive from Mumbai - 180 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Pachnai?
Six hours drive from Pune - 240 km approx.
4. Number of days required for this event?
5. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
6. Is there any parking charge?
7. Do you provide sleeping bags?
No Sleeping bag. For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags.
8. Are toilet available on Harishchandragad?
Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
9. Do Single travellers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
10. Are kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
11. What type of food will be provided?
Food preference only Veg local home cooked is available.
12. Phone connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services.
13. Where will we stay?
No Homestay is required for this event.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway on the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
16. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
18.Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
20. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
Incase your question is not listed above you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org