Andharban, by its name means a dark dense forest. It is a gradual descend trek, where you are already on height and you will descend till end. It is one of the most beautiful trek and lots of things to explore. We will be walking on a ridge offering an awesome view of the Kundalika Valley, Bhira dam and the mountain ranges of Tamhini ghat. Evergreen forest covers you with shade in the first half of the trek (6-8 kms). The trek further descends down in Konkan to reach Bhira (4 kms). The same valley where is the origin of the Kundalika river famous for its white water river rafting.
Type - Valley / Jungle descend trail
Range - Mulshi, Pune
Base Village - Tamhini
Trek Distance - 13 Km
23:00 Meeting at Pritam Da Dhaba, Dadar (East)
23:15 Leave for Andharban trek
23:30 Chembur Diamond Garden
24:00 Vashi below main bridge near Vashi Plaza
00:30 Kalamboli Mc Donald’s
Reach Tamhini village and rest in bus till 06.00.
06.00 Wakeup call.
07:30 Starts trek towards Andharban
11.30 Lunch Break - Hirdi platue.
12:30 Starts trek towards Bhira Dam
14:30 Reach at Bhira Dam.
15:30 Departure to Mumbai
23:00 Reaching Mumbai tentatively
- Trekkers should carry packed Lunch for this Trek.
- Please wear proper trek shoes.
What is included in the tour
Travel from Dadar and back to Dadar.
1 Veg Breakfast and Tea + Evening tea.
Treks and Trails India charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
Lunch for the trek.
All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
Any kind of personal expenses.
Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Andharban Trek -Thing to carry
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Lunch for the trek.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
Monsoon Precaution and Safety
- Kindly carry dry bag or plastic bags for dry clothes, wallet, money, camera, phone, gadgets
- Bag or Backpack with rain cover
- Wear Good Trekking shoes with good grip ( campus trekking shoes )
- Use Odmos or other repellents to keep bugs and mosquitoes away
- Wear only full sleeves / cap / full pants / dark coloured clothes
- Keep handy information on nearest railway station / bus stop / taxi stand
- Listen to Trek leader and always stay in group
- Inform Family / Friends about where about
- Avoid taking selfies near risky places
- listening to music on earphones or speakers.
1. Can we drive till Tamhini?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Tamhini?
Five hours drive from Mumbai - 165 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Tamhini?
Two and Half hours drive from Pune - 70 km approx.
4. Number of days required for this event?
5. Is there food available on Andharban?
No. Food available at base village.
6. How much time required to Andharban trek?
3-3.5 hours (one way).
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are toilet available on Andharban trek?
Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
10. Do Single Travellers Female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service.
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
Incase your question is not listed above you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org