About Korigad Fort
Korigad (also called Koraigad, Koarigad or Kumwarigad) is a hill fort located about 20 km south of Lonavla in Pune district,Maharashtra, India. Its date of construction is not known but likely predates 1500. It is about 929 meter above sea level.The planned township of Aamby Valley is built over the fort's southern and eastern foothills. The closest village is Peth Shahpur about 1 km north of the fort.The fort is located about 929 m 3,049 feet above sea level, rising over 200 meter or 660 feet higher than the neighboring valleys. To the east, there lie two artificial lakes part of the Aamby Valley project which later drain into the Mulshi reservoir. There are two lakes on the top of the fort.This fort can be visited in any time of the year. Even a night trek during summer gives nice experience. There are lot of camping sites on the fort. There are three temples on the fort which provide ample cover. The Korai Devi temple can accommodate 25 persons.
Korigad Fort History
During 1657 Korigad was captured by Shivaji Maharaj along with Tung , Tikona , Visapur , Lohagad Fort and few more. Twelve forts were kept with Shivaji Maharaj after the treaty of Purander, Shivaji Maharaj kept Korigad Fort with him which proves the importance of this fort. March 11th 1818 , Col Prothar attacked this Fort after three days of fighting with Valour by Mavalas, the British blew off the store room of ammunition using canon fire and the fort was lost to British on March 14th 1818.
19th August 2018 - Buy Ticket -
26th August 2018 - Buy Ticket -
Korigad Fort Map
Korigad Fort Trek Information
- Fort Korigad Height is 929 Meters or 3049 feet
- Korigad Trek difficulty level easy grade
- Korigad Fort Trek is advisable during summer
Korigad Trek details
- Korigad Fort Trek Difficulty Level: Easy.
- Base Village for Korigad Fort: Peth Shahpur.
- Region: Lonavala.
- Total time required for climbing Korigad Fort: 1 hour one way.
- Duration: and 1 day.
- Korigad Fort Height: 3000 ft. (approx)
- Travelling by Bus
- Cost: Rs 1400
Korigad Trek Itinerary
Korigad Monsoon Trek Event Itinerary
06:00 Meeting at Pritam da dhaba, Dadar (East).
06:15 Leave for Korigad fort trek.
06:30 Chembur Diamond Garden.
07:00 Vashi below main bridge near Vashi Plaza.
07:30 Kalamboli Mcdonalds.
10:00 Reach at Peth Shahapur.
11:45 Reach on top and explore.
13:30 Start descend.
14:30 Reach at base village and Lunch.
15:30 Start return journey to Mumbai.
22:00 Approx arrival at Dadar.
- 1 veg Breakfast ,1 veg Lunch and 1 Evening tea.
- Travel Dadar to Dadar by private vehicle.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
How to Register
For Registration and confirmation transfer Rs.1400.00 per person in the given a/c
Account Name - Treks and Trails
Bank Name - Axis Bank
Account Number - 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code - UTIB0000695
Account Type - Current Account
Batches for Korigad Trek
19th August 2018 - Buy Ticket -
26th August 2018 - Buy Ticket -
Please Call or email for any clarification:
- Treks and Trails Mumbai mobile/Whatsapp - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( 11 am to 7 pm only - Monday to Saturday )
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
Things to carry
2/3 liters of water.
Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
Good Torch must with extra battery.
Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
FAQ Korigad Trek
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can we drive till Peth Shahpur?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Peth Shahpur?
Three hours drive from Mumbai - 125 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Peth Shahpur?
Two and Half hour’s drive from Pune - 90 km approx.
4. Number of days required for this event?
5. Is there food available on Korigad fort?
No. Food available at base village
6. How much time required climbing Korigad fort?
1 hour (one way).
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are toilet available on Korigad fort?
Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
Toilets are available at base village - eastern style commode.
10. Do Single Travellers Female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.