Treks and Trails India invites you for a One day trek to Bhimashankar near Mumbai on this weekend 5th October 2014
Height: 3296 feet
Time: Approx. 4.5 hrs from Khandas, Base Village
Location: Nagar District
Cost 700.00 per persson
Places to See:-
Lord Shiva Temple: Bhimashankar Temple is located in the village of Bhorgiri 50 km North West of Khed, near Pune. There is a beautiful temple of Lord Shiva which is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas in India. It is a modest yet graceful temple and it dates back to mid 18th century. The shikhara of the temple was built by Nana Phadnavis. This temple is closely associated with the legend of Shivaraj Khade slaying the demon Tripurasura associated with the invincible flying citadels Tripuras. Shiva is said to have taken abode in the Bhima form, upon the request of the Gods, on the crest of the Sahyadri hills, and the sweat that poured forth from his body after the battle is said to have formed the Bhimarathi River. Bhimashankar is also the source of the Bhima River, which flows south east and merges with the Krishna River near Raichur.
A big size bell in Hemadpanthi structure: - Built by Nana Phadanavis is also a feature of Bhimashankar. Other equally important places: - Hanuman Lake, Gupt Bhimashankar, Sakshi Vinayak, Origin of River Bhima, Nag Phani from where one can see the view of the Peth fort and Padhar, Bombay Point, and lot more. Bhimashankar is conserved forest area and wildlife sanctuary where a variety of birds, animals, flowers, plants can be seen. A rare animal "Shekru" can be found in deep woods. Bhimashankar is worth visited for jungle lovers and trekkers as well as for pilgrims.
Routes to Bhimashankar:-
There are two routes to Bhimashankar from the base village of Khandas, which are most popular among trekkers.
1. Ganesh Ghat – There is a bridge around 2 km from Khandas, and the track going to the right from the bridge is the Ganesh Ghat route. This is the easiest and the longest route to Bhimashankar. Within an hour of trekking along this route you will reach a Ganesh temple. The route ahead will take around 3 hours until you reach the plateau of Bhimashankar, there is a small pond dug out in the ground called 'Hanuman Tal'. This trek is four hours to five hours long.
2. Shidi (ladder) Route – This one is a shorter route, but difficult especially in the monsoons. The route gets its name from the ladders placed on the steepest parts. The route going to the left of the bridge (mentioned in Ganesh Ghat) goes to the village. On moving ahead you will reach a well, take a left from there to Shidi ghat. Within the first two hours of climbing you will pass three ladders. You will reach a junction where both the routes - Ganesh ghat and Shidi – merge. There are many huts providing food and tea in middle of trek route. A further 1 ½ hour trek takes us besides a pond. The road, which goes to the left from this pond, takes us to the temple.
Fascinating Spot:- Bhimashankar Temple, Gupt Bhima, Hanuman Lake, Nagfani (the highest point)
Journey Details: Catch the last local train for Karjat on Saturday night on 4th October 2014
Then move to ST Stand and rest there. Take the 1st Bus or Rickshaw for Khandas the base village on Sunday morning.
Sunday 5th October 2014
08:00 Hrs: Khandas (Base Village)
Two Prominent Routes (1) Shidichi Vaat (2) Ganesh Ghat
We will ascend via Shidichi Vaat
08:15 Hrs:-Trek Starts
10:00 Hrs: Halt & Breakfast time
10:30 Hrs: - Resume Trek
12:00 Hrs: - @ Bhimashankar
12:30 Hrs: Lunch
13:00 Hrs: Descend via Ganesh Ghat
16:30 Hrs: Khandas
16:45 Hrs: Leave for by bus / tumtum Karjat
17:45 Hrs: Reach Karjat and have Tea / Coffee & Breakfast
18:23 Hrs: Take return train to Mumbai
We will be in Mumbai around 20:30 Hrs (that's - subjective)
Things To Carry:-
Please buy your return ticket and missing the train would mean missing the trek
A Water Bottles (2-3 Litres)
Breakfast for Sunday Morning
Torch with Extra batteries
Cap, Rain cheater (Optional) for those who don't want to get wet
Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
Please avoid wearing Gold and other costly ornaments
Electoral or Glucon D powder, some ready to eat food like Plum cakes, biscuits etc.
Towel, Napkins, Extra Pair of clothes
Polythene bag for your garbage
2-3 bunch of papers (Optional). Please wear Good trekking shoes with a strong non slipery sole.
Personal basic medical kit (Containing an antiseptic, few bandages, personal medications if any, etc.)
Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried… so that one has hands free while trekking.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send a text message and we will call you back.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/skirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at own risk)
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags on treks.
TreksandTrails Advisory Note:
Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek. It’s not a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking exploration.The leader’s decision will be final and all the members should abide by it. Do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments. Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking.
Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or even local people. Due to the Monsoon season we recommend you to please take care at every place while walking /climbing / trekking. Rains are expected so please double pack your valuables in plastic bags to save them from getting wet. ***No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountains. *** Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer.
***** Telephonic confirmation is required to confirm your participation.**** Participation contribution is non refundable and NOT transferable. We shall travel together as a group.
Important Note: One needs to deposit full payment into the following bank account to confirm his/her registration. For Registration transfer Rs. 700.00 per person in the given a/c
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )