Fireflies Night Trek to Kothaligad (Peth)
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave.
Batches for Kothaligad Fireflies Trek
- Closed now for 2018
Batches for Monsoon Kothaligad 2018 Treks are available
Please click on this link for more information - https://www.treksandtrails.org/event-timer/580-night-trek-to-kothaligad
Kothaligad Monsoon Trek Every weekend - Rs 900 per person
- Treks and Trails Mumbai mobile / Whatsapp - 8828746865 / 8828004949 / 9867046166
Kothaligad (Peth) night trek event details
- Kothaligad (Peth) night trek difficulty level: Medium.
- Base village for Kothaligad (Peth): Peth village/Ambivali village.
- Region: Karjat.
- Total time required for climbing Kothaligad (Peth) fort: Maximum 2.5 hrs from Ambivali.
- Duration: 1 Day.
- Kothaligad (Peth) fort height: 3100 ft. (approx.).
- Cost: Rs 900
Kothaligad (Peth) night trek itinerary
Day 0 Saturday
Catch Karjat fast local from CST.
CSMT – Karjat fast local time table.
23.20 Meeting at Karjat railway station.
23:30 Journey towards Ambivali by local tumtum
Day 2 Sunday
00:30 Reach at Ambivali.
Enjoy fireflies while ascending.
04:00 Reach on top and rest till sunrise.
06:00 View sunrise and explore fort.
08:00 Peth Village
09:30 Descend continue.
10:45 Journey towards Karjat by local tumtum
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Fireflies Night Trek to Kothaligad (Peth), no refund will be provided.
- 1 veg Breakfast.
- Travel Karjat to Karjat by local Jeep.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Karjat and back.
- Travel from Pune to Karjat and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
How to Register
Batches for Kothaligad Fireflies Trek
Registration is Closed for 9th 10th June 2018
For Registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 900.00 per person in the given a/c
Account Name - Treks and Trails
Bank Name - Axis Bank
Account Number - 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code - UTIB0000695
Account Type - Current Account
Please Call or email for any clarification:
- Treks and Trails Mumbai mobile/Whatsapp - 8828746865 / 8828004949
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
Thing to carry
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
FAQ Kothaligad (Peth) Trek
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we drive till Ambivali?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Ambivali?
Two and half hour’s drive from Mumbai 90 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Ambivali?
Three hours drive from Pune - 135 km approx.
4. Number of days required for this event?
5. Is there food available on Kothaligad (Peth)?
No. Food available at base village
6. How much time required climbing Kothaligad (Peth)?
2.5 hours (one way).
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are Toilet Available on Kothaligad (Peth)?
Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
10. Do Single travellers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 (Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only)