Matheran Sunset Point to Dodhani Village Trek
About Dodhani Village
Dodhani Village is situated at foot hills of Matheran you can see Chanderi fort and Peb Fort which are located near it. We will be trekking from Matheran Sunset Point to Dodhani Village Trek it will be complete descend.
Matheran which means "forest on the forehead" (of the mountains) is an eco-sensitive region, declared by the Ministry of Environment and Forest, Government of India. It is Asia's only automobile-free hill station.
Dodhani Point is also known as Sunset point from here Prabalgad Fort / Kalavantin Durg / Irshalgad / Karnala Fort / Morbe Dam are visible. Matheran Sunset point is where every traveller to Matheran assembles at the end of day.
Our downhill trek will take us through grass patches and rice fields. We will cross one small waterfall and forest area after gaining some height we will reach a small temple with opening we can rest here and enjoy snacks. Our trek will begin again we would going downhill more quickly now trek will be more tiring now. We can see the fog for which Matheran is famous. After another one hour of trek from temple we will have reached Dodhani Village.
Batches for Matheran Trek 2017
- 4th February 2018
- 25th February 2018
Matheran Sunset Point to Dodhani Village Trek
Event Cost - Rs. 900/- per person
Location - Matheran
Base Village - Dodhani
Altitude - 2,200 feet above sea level
Approximate Duration - 2.5 hrs of downhill trek
Matheran Trek Event Itinerary
- CST 08.16 am
- Byculla 08:24 am
- Dadar 08:32 am
- Kurla 08.39 am
- Thane08.56 am
- Neral 09.52 am
09.52 am - Meet us at Neral Station (Near ticket counter)
- We reach Neral at 9.52 am
- Breakfast 10 am
- 11 pm reach Matheran by car
- Lunch at Matheran bazaar
- 3 pm Reach sunset point
- 3 to 5 pm Sunset point to Dodhani village trek descend
- 7 pm reach Panvel and disperse
- Travel from Neral to Matheran
- Entry Fees
- Food Breakfast & Evening Snacks
- Bus charges from Dodhani to Panvel
- Treks and Trails Expertise Charges.
- Train Ticket till Panvel & from Neral.
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Lunch for the day.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion.
How to Register
For registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 900.00 per person.
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate - Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
Please Call or email for any clarification:
Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865 / 8828004949
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- Beautiful Waterfall during Monsoon.
- View of Prabalgad and KalavntinDurg.
- Exploring hidden side of Matheran.
- Shopping and Visit to Matheran Bazaar Peth.
Things to Carry
First-trek-essentials - http://www.treksandtrails.org/index.php/18-explore-more/546-first-trek-essentials
Learn how to plan your first trek - http://www.treksandtrails.org/index.php/18-explore-more/546-first-trek-essentials
Event Rules for Matheran Trek
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact us, please send us a text message.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags.
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
Wear good trekking shoes. Take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )