Tarkarli (Sindhudurg fort, Scuba diving)
About Tarkarli Tour
Tarkarli is a narrow stretch of beach with pristine waters, located at the convergence of the Karli River and the Arabian Sea. It is 546 k.m. away from Mumbai, 6 kms. south of Malvan, on the west coast of India. This place has gained prominence because of its transparently clear seas, where on a fairly sunny day, one can see the sea- bed up to a depth of 20 feet. This beach can be rightly called as ‘Queen Beach’ of Sindhudurg.
In India there are a very few places where scuba diving can be done and Malvan is one of them. Due to its relatively clear sea waters, Malvan serves as a perfect spot for scuba diving (done mostly with surface oxygen supply) and snorkelling. Near the outer walls of Sindhudurg fort one can see lots of live corals and beautiful marine life under the sea.
Huge sea rocks of Malvan have easefully shouldered the responsibility of two Forts Sindhudurg & Padmagad on their broad chest. The name of the fort is given to the Sindhudurg district. Tourist from all over the world visit throughout the year to see this Maratha glory The fort was built with the help of huge rocks on the Kurte Island which amazes people & one appreciates imaginative power of Shivaji. In 1664 Shivaji erected this fort on 44 acres of land. In Sindhudurg Fort there is ‘Shri Shiv Rajeshwar temple’ of King Shivaji. Also there are temples of Hanuman, Jarimari mandir and Goddess ‘Bhavani Temple’. Impressions of shivaji’s fingerprints found to be preserved here on one of the wall. Also lies, inside the Fort Worth seeing temples of Bhavani Mata, Shambhu Mahadev, and Jarimari & Mahapurush. All are in good conditions.
Kunkeshwar Temple, an ancient Shiva Temple is located in Kunkeshwar village, 14 Kms from Devgad town. A pristine beach with a very long stretch of seashore and white sand adds to the beauty of temple surroundings. This beautiful temple near beach has alluring architecture with reminiscent of South Indian style of temple architecture. Yadav Kings built this temple in 1100 A. D. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj who rejuvenated this temple many times was a frequent visitor to this temple. This temple is also famous as Kashi of South Konkan.
Batches for Tarkarli
- 27th to 30th April 2018
- 28th to 1st May 2018
Tarkarli - Sindhudurg Fort - Scuba diving event details
Travelling by A/C Bus
Destination: Tarkarli beach, Nivti beach and fort, Sindhudurg Fort, Rock garden, Tsunami Island, Devbaug beach, Kunkeshwar.
Activities: Scuba Diving + 4 water games.
Cost: Rs 13000
Tarkarli Event Itinerary
Day 0 - Thursday Night
22:00 Meet at Pritam Da Dhaba, Dadar (East) Travelling by A/C Bus
22:30 Leave for Tarkarli.
22:50 Chembur Diamond Garden
23:15 Vashi below main bridge near Vashi Plaza
23:45 Kalamboli Mcdonalds
Day 1 - Friday
07:00 Breakfast en-route at HatKhamba
11:30 Check in to the hotel at Tarkarli and freshen up.
12:00 Lunch (Veg / Non-veg)
13:30 Visit Tsunami Island and Devbaug beach
16:00 Visit Sindhudurg fort, Rock garden, etc
20:30 Dinner (Veg / Non-veg)
Day 2 - Saturday
07:30 – Breakfast.
09:00 – Scuba diving and water games.
14:00 – Lunch.
16:00 – Visit Nivati Fort & Beach – The amazing beauty of tour.
19:30 - Free time for Malvan Market.
21:00 pm: Dinner (Veg / Non-veg).
Day 3 Sunday
07:00 – Breakfast.
08:00 – Check out from the hotel and move to Kunkeshwar.
09:00 – Kunkeshwar Temple.
09:30 – Start return journey to Mumbai.
13:00 – En-route lunch at any good hotel or Dhaba. (By your own)
23:00 - Approx arrival at Dadar – Mumbai.
- Dadar to Dadar transportation fare for private vehicle (AC)
- Accommodation on sharing basis (AC)
- 3 veg breakfast, 2 lunch and 2 dinner (Veg / Non-veg).
- Scuba and 4 water games (Jetski ride, Banana ride, Bumper ride, Water scooter).
- Permissions and entry fees.
- Food (Veg & Non Veg Thali as mentioned wherever limited and unlimited)
- Accommodation on sharing basis.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Meals while travelling.
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
How to Register
Batches for Tarkarli
27th to 30th April 2018 - Buy Ticket -
28th to 1st May 2018 - Buy Ticket -
For registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 13000 per person.
Account Name - Treks and Trails
Bank Name - Axis Bank
Account Number - 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code - UTIB0000695
Account Type - Current Account
Please Call or email for any clarification
- Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865 / 8828004949
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
Thing to carry
- A Water Bottle (2 Litres) (a must)
- Cap, Good trekking shoes.
- Extra 3 pair of Clothes, a Towel etc.(a must)
- Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional).
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Personal basic medical kit (Containing an antiseptic, few bandages, personal medications if any, Antibiotics for stomach infection).
- A haversack to put all these things.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )