TreksandTrails is going to Naneghat for a one day trek on 6th July 2014, Sunday
Type: Ancient trade route
Date: 6th July 2014, Sunday
Height: 2800 ft approx.
Region: Malshej ghat
Contribution: 450.00 per person If booked before 10 pm of 4th July '14, later Rs. 100 extra.
It's the one of the ancient trade routes, existing right from the Satvahanas, which ghats and was in extensive use to transport goods arriving at the Junnar which was then a flourished market place.100's of years gone but still villagers at the ghat area use this pass to reach Konkan. It reflects how the emperors use to skillfully choose locations. Naneghat trek is simple and enjoyable. Way is clearly marked and passes through dense teakwood forests. Climbing from the forest you reach to the base of ‘Nanacha Angatha’, which is pinnacle of Naneghat plateau. From this base, a 2 meter wide pass connects to the actual plateau. This pass called as ‘Naneghatachi nail and has been carved and cut in stones by emperors of that time. This 60 meter long pass takes you to the Naneghat plateau.
06:30 Assembly at Kalyan ST stand near inquiry counter
07:00 Travel to Naneghat phata by bus or Jeep.
08:00 Reach Naneghat base
08:30 General Introduction, orientation and breakfast at base of Naneghat.
09:30 Start Trek towards Naneghat.
11:30 Reach in caves of Naneghat.
14:00 Start descending.
16:30 Reach base and start to Kalyan by bus or Jeep
20:00 Disperse at Kalyan
TreksandTrails reference List of Items:
• Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes
• Rucksack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
• Water Bottle (3lts Minimum) compulsory **
• Torch with spare set of batteries, Cap, Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirts 1no each.
• Waterproof jacket / raincoat.
• Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.).
• Sewing kit, spare shoes laces, safety pins.
• Carry one time meal for the trek. ** IMP: - Please take return train ticket up to Kalyan.
TreksandTrails recommends Common info for every trek in the monsoon season:
Due to the Monsoon season and various rock patches in this route, we recommend you to please take care at every place while walking / climbing / trekking. Rains are expected so please double pack your valuables in plastic bags to save them from getting wet. ***No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountains. ***
Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek. It’s not a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking exploration.
The leader’s decision will be final and all the members should abide by it.
Do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, etc.
Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, etc.
Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or even local people
Cost includes: Travelling Kalyan – Naneghat Base - Kalyan and 1 Breakfast
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact...send a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at own risk)
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags on treks.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )