Camping Rajmachi Village near Lonavala on 7th 8th January 2017
Rajmachi Fort has two stronghold forts, Shreewardhan and Manaranjan. Visible from Mumbai Pune Expressway on right hand side of Borghat. It is a famous spot for trekking. Rajmachi Fort is 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala there are many routes to reach Rajmachi Fort. We will be camping at Udhewadi Village located below the two Balekilla. Surronded by huge waterfalls during monsoon you can view the beautiful kataldhar waterfall from Shreewardhan Fort. Rajmachi Fort has many caves used by trekkers for night halt. Pre monsoon the forest around the forts is glowing with Fireflies at night. You can also trek towards Kondane Caves during monsoon and enjoy the beautiful caves and waterfall. Rajmachi Fort is located strategically overlooking Borghat an historical trade route.
Places to visit at Rajmachi Fort
- Udaysagar Lake constructed in 1712
- Temple of Mahadev by the side of Udaysagar Lake
- Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shreewardhan and Manaranjan
- Fireflies pre monsoon only
- Kataldhar waterfall during monsoon only
Rajmachi Trek Event Details
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City Lonavala
- Rs 1500 per head
- Tent Stay on 3 triple sharing
- Night Jungle Trail Walk
- Shivardhan Fort and Manoranjan Fort Exploration
- Local Village Food
Rajmachi Trek Event Itinenary
We meet at 17:30Hrs. (sharp) at Lonavala Railway stationon Saturday
From Mumbai you can board: Sinhagad Express 11009 - Mumbai To Pune Junction
17:30 Meet at Lonavala Railway Station near Ticket Counter
18:00 Trek Starts to Rajmachi Village
21:00 Rajmachi Village
22:30 Camp Fire and Games
06:30 Wake Up
08:00 Manoranjan fort and Shrivardhan fort exploration
13:30 Leave for Lonavala Railway Station by Tata Sumo
15:00 Camping Ends with Happy Memories
- Trek to Rajmachi Village base
- Meals 1 Veg Dinner / 1 Veg Breakfast and Tea / 1 Veg lunch
- Treks and Trails India charges
- Travel by Tata Sumo from Udhewadi village to Lonavala railway station.
- Tent Stay on triple sharing basis
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered.
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather
Frequently Asked Questions
Can we drive till Rajmachi village?
How far it is from Mumbai/Pune?
3 hours drive from Mumbai, 125 km approx.
Can we get our car till campsite?
Yes close to the campsite. Its 15 minutes walking from there.
Number of days required for this event?
2 days and 1 Night
Where can we park our cars?
Rajmachi Village Yes
Is there any parking charge?
Do you provide sleeping bags?
Sleeping bag: NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags.
Note, this Camp Site does not have any fixed / proper / appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode.
Personal car parking’s and car breakdown at owners risk - route will be provided via Google maps
Accommodation on sharing basis tent
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
Food preference only Veg local cooked available
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
Local jeeps used for Transport can accommodate 8 people
Registration against 100% upfront payment only on the spot payment not accepted
Normal well water shall be provided
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit campsite on immediate basis transport will be arranged till Lonavala no refund
How to Register
50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date
No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation
Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation
Things to Carry
Things to Carry
- Haversack to keep hands free
- Water bottle 3lts.
- One extra pair of clothes.
- Ready to eat food – dry ration, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Electoral or GluconD powder.
- Sleeping bag, carry mat.
- Personal medicine prescribed by family doctor.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
- Wear good trekking shoes.
- Torch with extra an set of batteries, headlamp.
Treks and Trails India Rules
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
2. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
3. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
4. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
5. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at your own risk)
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are notresponsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )