Trek to Sandhan Valley Join us on 12th - 13th April 2014
Sandhan Valley Trek Information
- Region - Igatpuri - Ghatghar
- Contribution - Rs 1500.00
- Assembly - Kasara railway station
- Duration - 2 Days and 2 Nights
- Sandhan Valley Height 4100 Feet
- Camping in Sandhan Valley
About Sandhan Valley Trek
Sandhan Valley Maharashtra, also known as Valley of suspense or Valley of Shadow, is one of the greatest canyons in the splendid setting of Sahyadri (Western Ghats). The water carved valley is 200 ft deep and about 1.5 long. Sandhan valley is located on the western side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded with mighty Alang, Madan and Kulang (Known as AMK- rated as the toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad, Ajoba & Kalsubai (5400 ft. highest peak in Maharashtra) mountain ranges. The brilliant and deep narrow rock floored ravine is located between the two high walls of mountain range. At some plaices its width is less than 3 ft and at some places sun rays unable to reach the ground which gives it the name Valley of Shadow. Sandhan Valley Rock Patch is exciting for Trekkers. Sandhan Valley Trek Route is medium Level.
Explore Sandhan Valley with TreksandTrails on April 12th and 13th 2014
Trek to Sandhan Valley Itinerary
Board 22:50 Kasara slow local from Mumbai CST on 11 April 2014 timings are:
Day one - 12 April 2014
01:30 Assemble at Kasara Rail Station
05:30 Reach base village by local transport
07:00 Start trek towards Sandhan Valley
13:30 Lunch in route.
16:00 Tea & Snacks.
20:30 Dinner & Night stay under open sky.
Day 2 on 13 April 2014
06:30 Wake up, Breakfast
08:30 Start descending toward Dena village.
12:30 Reach Dena village.
14:30 Lunch & then start travel from Asangaon to Kalyan.
16:30 Disperse at Kalyan railway station.
Sandhan Valley Photos
• Transportation from Kasara – Sandhan Valley – Dena – Asangaon by local Transport
• Day 1 -- Breakfast, Evening Tea, and Dinner.
• Day 2 – Breakfast, Lunch.
• Equipment, Expertise and Guide charges
• TreksandTrails charges if any.
Things to carry
1. Haversack and sweater to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts. Extra Pair of Clothes.
2. Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
3. Camera (Optional), please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at own risk)
4. Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder. Sleeping bag, carry matt.
5. Personal medicines. Sweaters if required. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
6. Wear good trekking shoes, Plastic bag to keep clothes dry. Torch with extra batteries.
7. Bed sheets; please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Group leader decision will be final and binding.
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact...send a text message.
5. Please be prepared for cold night.
6. Sleevless/cut sleves, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops will not be allowed.
7. Short pants till knee length allowed.
***** Carry one time meal for the trek. *****
Join Sandhan Valley Trek 2014 call for confirmations:
Whatsapp Updates / Email Updates
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9