Trek to Gorakhgad Fort on 20th November 2016
Gorakhgad is a fort that can be done easily in a day from Mumbai. Though not famous for any historical events, Gorakhgad attracts trekkers due to its inviting pinnacles, which offer good opportunities for rock-climbing. This region of Gorakhgad and Machchindragad has a dense forest cover. Fort Gorakhgad is quite small in size. It was had strategic importance during the reign of Shahaji Raje. However, no major battle is recorded to have taken place here. It was used in Shivaji’s era to patrol the nearby region and was used as a stopover station during the journey to Junnar via Naneghat. Though small in size, there is enough availability water and a lot of space for accommodation. The fort gets its name from Saint Gorakhnath, who performed his “Sadhana” in this place.
Height: 2137 ft
Meet: Kalyan ST Stand
Duration: 1 Day trek
TreksandTrails Itinerary for Gorakhgad trek
06:45 Report at Kalyan ST stand near enquiry counter
07:15 Travel Kalyan to Dehri by Bus & Jeep.
09:15 Reach Dehri Village, breakfast at Dehri, introduction, orientation
10:00 Start trek Gorakhgad.
12:30 Summit Gorakhgad, have lunch and rest.
15:00 Start descending Gorakhgad .
17:00 Reach Dehri Village.
17:30 Start travel Kalyan to Dehri by Jeep & Bus.
19:30 Disperse at Kalyan station
Transport by non AC local ST bus, shared auto ride wherever required. 1 Veg breakfast, TreksandTrails charges if any.
All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered. Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc. Any kind of personal expenses. Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above. All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Please carry one time Lunch
How to Register
50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date
No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation
Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation
Things to Carry
TreksandTrails recommends things to carry
1. Haversack and sweater/wind cheater to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts.
2. Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
3. Camera (Optional), please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
4. Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
5. Personal medicines. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
6. Good trekking shoes, Extra Pair of Clothes.
7. Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at your own risk)
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags. Payment made is non refundable and non transferable.
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )