Trek to Rajmachi Fort on 15th 16th October 2016
About Rajmachi and Kondane Caves
Rajmachi is a Village in Karjat region also known as Udhewadi. There are two forts which were built by Shivaji Maharaj during 17th century. It is a famous spot for trekking. It is a 17 km trekking distance from Lonavala. Rajmachi fort is a strategic fort overlooking Borghat which was a historical trade route. Rajmachi peak has two fortified structures - the Shrivardhan fort and Manoranjan fort. Rajmachi can be reached by 2 ways, the tough route from Kondivide village near Karjat and the other easy but long way route from Lonavala. In rainy season this place is filled with giant waterfalls and greenery.
Rajmachi Trek Event Details - 15th 16th October 2016
- Type: Hill Fort
- Height: 3600 ft
- Grade: Medium
- Range: Kondivade to Karjat
Cost: Rs 1100.00 per head
Rajmachi Trek Event Itinenary
We meet at 17:15 Hrs. (sharp) at Lonavala Railway station
Suggested Train 11009 / Mumbai CST-Sinhagad Express, timings are:
- 14:30 CST
- 14:40 Dadar
- 15:08 Thane
- 15:28 Kalyan
- 16:08 Karjat
- 17:08 Lonavala.
Day One Saturday
- 17:30 Auto rickshaw ride from Lonavala ST bus depot till Tungarli dam base.
- 18:00 Tungarli Dam
- 18:30 Walk/Hike from Tungarli Dam to Rajmachi - 4hrs / 13 kms
- 22:00 Reach Udhewadi Base Village
- 22:30 Veg Dinner and Rest at Villagers house
Day Two Sunday
- 06:30 Wake Up
- 07:00 Breakfast ( Tea and Poha )
- 08:00 Manoranjan Fort and Shrivardhan Fort exploration
- 12:30 Veg Lunch
- 13:30 Descend from Rajmachi to Kondane 3 hrs
- 16:00 Kondane caves
- 17:00 Kondane village
- 18:30 Karjat railway station
We would reaching Dadar at 21:00 (Subjective)
- Travel cost from Lonavala to Tungarli dam base on Saturday
- Food 1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast, 1 Veg lunch
- Over Night Stay Charges at Villagers House
- Trek Leader Expertise Charge
- Travel cost from Kondane village to Karjat railway station on Sunday
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption.
- Food/Tea purchase while travelling to site and back.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Travel cost from Mumbai to Lonavala / Karjat and back
How to Register
50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date
No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation
Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation
Things to carry
Things to Carry
- Haversack to keep hands free
- Water bottle 3lts.
- One extra pair of clothes.
- Ready to eat food – dry ration, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Electoral or GluconD powder.
- Sleeping bag, carry mat.
- Personal medicine prescribed by family doctor.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
- Wear good trekking shoes.
- Torch with extra an set of batteries, headlamp.
Treks and Trails India Rules
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
2. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
3. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
4. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
5. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at your own risk)
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are notresponsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.