Trek to Lohagad on 15th October 2016,Saturday
About Lohagad Fort:
Lohagad “Iron fort” is one of the many hill forts of Chatrapati Shivaji. It divides the basins of the Indrayani and Pavna and is situated on a wide range of the Sahyadri. The Visapur fort is located on its eastern side. The four large gates of Lohagad are still in good condition and reasonably intact. Historical records show that in the later Peshwa period, Nana Phadnavis (1742-1800 AD) built several structures in the fort. Best trekking route near Mumbai.
Lohagad Fort Trek Details
Trek Grade: Easy
Endurance Level: Medium
Base village "Lohagadwadi"
Height of fort: 3400 ft approx.
Total time required for climbing: 2 hours from Malavli and 25 minutes from Lohagadwadi
Total distance for climbing: 5 km approx.
Trek Leader: Rajesh Mhaddalkar
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: Rs 800.00
The journey starts boarding the Indrayani express. Participants to board this train from respective stations with ticket till Malavli station
Meet at Lonavala station. Please plan accordingly as long queues are expected at the ticket window.
Train Timings for Indrayani Express
Move to Malavli by local train (8:15 am at Lonavala station platform no 3)
For participants from Pune: Lonavala Local Train
Pune Station 06:27am
Shivaji Nagar 06:33am
Malavli Station 07:40 am
Lohagad Fort Trek Schedule:
08:25 Move towards Lohagad fort
09:30 Visit Bhaje Caves
12:00 Lohagad Summit Exploration rest etc (2 hrs approx)
15:00 Lohagadwadi have lunch
16:00 move to Malavli Station
17:30 Departure for Mumbai / Pune
- 1 veg Breakfast
- 1 veg Lunch
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry
Things to carry
- Haversack to keep hands free
- Water bottle 3 litres
- Extra Pair of clothes.
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Electoral or GluconD powder.
- Personal medicines.
- Sun protection cap, googles
- Light weight towel.
Monsoon Event Dos and Dont’s
- Keep your valuables in waterproof bag during monsoon events
- Wear shoes with good grip
- Carry Insect Repellents to keep bugs
- Stay together as group during the trek please do not stray away
- Keep Friends and Family updated on your whereabouts
How to Register
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 800/- per person in the given a/c
50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date
No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation
Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation
Treks and Trails, India rules:
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact us, please send us a text message.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags.
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )