Trek to Visapur on 11th September 2016
Visapur Fort is larger and at a higher elevation than its twin fort- Lohagad. Within the fort are caves, cisterns of water, a decorated arch and old houses. These two roofless buildings surrounded by outer or veranda walls said to have once been Government offices. The ruins of a large stone-built house are known as the Peshwa’s palace. In addition to a huge carving of Hanuman, there are also several temple dedicated to him scattered all over the place. Hanuman (or Maruti) was likely the patron deity of Visapur fort.
Height: 3556 ft (Approx)
Grade: Easy/ Medium
Type: Hill Fort
Minimum participants required: 10
Contribution per person: 800
• The journey starts with boarding Indrayani Express - Train no 22105
• Participants to board this train from respective stations with ticket - (Class 2S, Fair Rs. 85/-)
• Meet at Lonavala station.
Train Timings for Indrayani Express
CST 5:40 am
Dadar 5.51 am
Thane 6.14 am
Kalyan 6.35 am
Lonavla 8.00 am
For participants from Pune: Lonavala Local Train
Pune Station 06:27am
Shivaji Nagar 06:33am
Malavali Station 07:40 am
Move forward to Malavali Railway Station by local train (8 :15am at Lonavala station platform no 3)
Paticipant can buy local train ticket to Malavali Railway Station at Lonavala Ticket Counter
08:30 am Move to Visapur base by local transport/tempo etc
09:00 am Breakfast
10:00 am Trek starts
11:45 am Summit Visapur - Exploration, Lunch, rest etc (2 hrs approx)
14:00 Start Descend
16:00 Reach base
17:00 Reach Lonavala station - Trek Ends
21:00 Mumbai by 21:00 Hrs (subjective)
From Lonavala many transportation option available to reach Mumbai
Suggestion Do reserve train ticket of INTERCITY EXP - 12128 (Class 2S, Fair Rs. 85/-)
Train Timings: - INTERCITY EXP
LONAVALA : 18.46 Hrs
THANE : 20.18 Hrs
DADAR : 20.38 Hrs
CST : 21.05 Hrs
Please carry lunch for this Trek
How to Register
Event Cost Per Head - Rs 800 per head
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Registration is non Transferable
- Veg Breakfast and Tea - Evening Tea
- Travel from Malavali station to Visapur Base and Back
- Trek Leader Expertise and Treks and Trails Charges
- Lonavala to Lonavala travel cost
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered. Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Group leader decision will be final and binding.
- Treks and Trails India reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact...send a text message.
- Please do not carry gold ornaments or any other valuables. Camera, Binocular is allowed at your own risk
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas for the trek. Avoid Chapels / Slippers for trek
- For safety please follow the expert’s/ Instructors advice on trek.
- Please carry YOUR LUNCH for the day.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
Things to carry
Things to Carry
- Haversack to keep hands free
- Water bottle 3 litres
- Extra Pair of clothes.
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Electoral or GluconD powder.
- Personal medicines.
- Sun protection cap, googles
- Light weight towel.
Monsoon Event Dos and Dont’s
- Keep your valuables in waterproof bag during monsoon events
- Wear shoes with good grip
- Carry Insect Repellents to keep bugs
- Stay together as group during the trek please do not stray away
- Keep Friends and Family updated on your whereabouts
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )