Andharban Trek - Dark Forest
Andharban Trek Information
Andharban means a dark dense forest and is a trekking trail through dense overgrowth of lush green bushes. It is an easy to moderate forest trek covering roughly upto 13 kms in 4-5 hours, trekkers are suggested to wear full sleeves and clothes, which cover their body as it, will protect them and carry upto 3 liters of water. The best time to do this trek is during the monsoon and post monsoon period as the valley is blooming with different species of flora and fauna.
Andharban overlooks the scenic landscape of Plus valley, Ghangad, Tailbaila, Sarasgad, mountain ranges of Tamhini Ghat as the trek progresses and the divine alluring Devkund Waterfall plunging into a beautiful serenity-pool.
The start point of the trek is about 200 metres away from Pimpri village, at a location called Independence point near the Pimpri Dam. It is advisable to commence the trek by early morning as the forest is covered with dense fog and while returning back as the sun comes out you will be able to witness the seven gigantic mountains that you crossed.
You will be walking on ridge that offers a magnificent view of the Kundalika Valley and Bhira dam. Andharban is a descending trek – it begins at an elevation of approximately 2,160 feet during the trek, there will be patches of evergreen forests which covers you with a relaxing shade in first half of the trek 6-8 kms with numerous small streams and waterfalls gushing down the valley through the rocks.
Being a jungle trek, Andharban offers views of flora and fauna, with several species of birds to be seen, such as the Chaatak, the Malabar whistling thrush, dwarf kingfishers, and Minivets among several others. The Indian Giant Squirrel has been seen around the area, although sightings are rare.
The trek further descends down in Konkan to reach Bhira 4 kms. The same valley is the origin of the Kundalika River famous for its Kolad white water river rafting and other adventure activities.
Batches for Andharban Trek 2018
Registration is open call 8828004949
Andharban Trek Details
- Trek Type - Valley / Jungle descend trail
- Range - Mulshi, Pune
- Base Village - Tamhini
- Grade: Medium
- Trek Distance - 13 Km
- Cost Rs 1300.00 per head
- Travelling by Non Ac Bus from Dadar to Dadar
Meeting point: Dadar (E) at 22:30 at PritamDhaba
Pickup from Chembur – Sion Highway after bridge - Vashi – Nerul – Kalamboli
Reach Tamhini village and rest in bus till 06.00am
06.00 am Wakeup call
07.00 am Breakfast
08.00 am Start trek towards Andharban
11.30 am Lunch Break at Hirdi Plateau
12:00 am Start trek towards Pimpri Dam
15:30 Reach Pimpri Dam
17:00 pm Evening tea
18:00 pm Departure to Mumbai
22:00 pm Reaching Mumbai tentatively
Please note: Trekkers should carry packed Lunch for this Trek
- Travel by Private Bus Dadar to Dadar
- Food - Veg Breakfast and Tea + Evening tea
- Trek sand Trails India expertise charges
- Emergency Medical evacuations if any required
- Insurance and any item/event not mentioned in the inclusion list.
Things to Carry
Andharban Trek - Things you need
- Lunch for the Day
- Torch with new batteries - complusory
- Identity proof (must)
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Glucon D energy bars etc
- Water (at least 2 - 3 Litres)
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional).
- Wear good trekking shoe. ( People wearing sports are not allowed )
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Dry Bag or Plastic bag to keep clothes dry
- Double pack your valuables in plastic bags
- Carry alternate phone or dry bag for phone - powerbank for charging
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Please wear full sleeves and long pants
- Please wear dark colored clothes avoid wearing white colored clothes
- Odomos gel or cream to avoid mosquitoes or insect
Please go through this url : http://www.treksandtrails.org/index.php/about-us/explore-more/546-first-trek-essentials
Andharban Trek Rules
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited. Participant consuming durgs will be handed over to police
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding. ***Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer or online payment ***
3. Treks and Trails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at your own risk)
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags.
8. Payment made is non-refundable and non-transferable.
9. Please take care of your own belongings and gadgets
How to Register
Batches for Andharban Trek 2018
Registration is open call 8828004949
Andharban Trek Registration and Confirmation - Rs.1300.00 per person from mumbai and Cost Rs 1000 - per person from Pune in the given a/c
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate - Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
Cash payment or spot payment are not accepted
Andharban Trek Registration and Confirmation - Rs.1300.00 per person
Rs 1300 * no of participant
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewelry etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )