Trek to Harishchandragad via Pachnai and Camping at Konkan Kada May 7th 8th 2016
1. Saptatirtha Pushkarni
2. Kedareshwar Cave
3. Konkan Kada
4. Taramati peak
5. Caves on Harishchandragad
6. Nageshwar temple near Khireshwar
7. Temple of Harishchandreshwar
The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have been discovered here. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty. The citadel was built during this era. The various caves probably have been carved out in the 11th century. In these caves are idols of Lord Vishnu. Though the cliffs are named Taramati and Rohidas, they are not related to Ayodhya. Great sage Changdev (one who created the epic Tatvasaar), used to meditate here in the 14th century. The caves are from the same period. The various constructions on the fort and those existing the surrounding region point to the existence of diverse cultures here. The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747.
Board Kasara Local Timings
11:34 am Cst
11:41 am Byculla
11:47 am Dadar
11:54 am Kurla
11:58 am Ghatkopar
12:10 pm Mulund
12:16 pm Thane
12:30 pm Diva
12:38 pm Dombivli
12:47 pm Kalyan
01:57 pm Kasara
2:00 pm Arrival at Kasara Railway Station.
2:30 pm Travel by Jeep for Pachnai Village
5:30 pm Reach Pachnai Village and Tea
6:00 pm Trek Starts
8:30 pm Reach Campsite
9:00 pm Dinner Campfire Fun
10:00 pm Night Photography
7:00 am Breakfast
8:30 am Visit Konkan Kada
11:00 pm Explore Harishchandragad Temple and Cave Complex
1:00 pm Trek to Pachnai Village
3:30 pm Reach Pachnai Village
4:00 pm Travel by Jeep for Kasara Station
7:00 pm Reach Kasara Station.
- Stay in Tents
- Meals 1 Dinner / 1 Lunch / 1 Breakfast / 2 Evening Tea with Snack
- Travel from Kasara to Pachnai and Back
- Food during transit
- Sleeping Bags / Tent Mats
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
- Lunch on Day one not included.
Camping is usually a time when you go back to basics and enjoy simple pursuits such as reading, watching stars, hiking, swimming and playing games together as a group. Camping offers peace and quiet and relaxing atmosphere. Its helps to get close to nature.
1.Note, this Camp Site does not have any fixed / proper / appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
2. Personal car parkings at owners risk - route will be provided via google maps
3. Camp Site is safe for Women
4. We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
5. Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
6. Food preference only Veg local cooked available
7. Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
8. Local jeeps used for Transport can accommodate 10 people
9. Registration against 100% upfront payment only on the spot payment not accepted
- Water Bottles (2-3 Litres)
- Torch with Extra batteries compulsory
- Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other costly ornaments
- Electoral or Glucon D powder, some ready to eat food like Plum cakes, biscuits.
- Towel, Napkins, Extra Pair of clothes
- Polythene bag for your garbage 2-3 bunch of papers (Optional)
- Good trekking shoes
- Personal basic medical kit (Containing an antiseptic, few bandages, personal medications if any, etc.)
- Sleeping bag Spoon / Fork / Mug / Plate
50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date
No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days.
No show No Refund.
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek.
- We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition, please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader’s decision will be final and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking.Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc.
- If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky.
- For all these events you are at your own risk.Organisers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Treks and Trails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact us, please send us a text message.
- Conditions will be windy and cold carry clothes accordingly. Cotton t-shirts, full sleeves recommended. Full-length trousers or track pants.
- Wear dry fit if possible. Dark and dull coloured clothes.
- Each Person needs to carry personal torch.
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organisers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organisers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organisers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )