TreksandTrails, India: One day trek to Peth Fort on 19 September 2015, Saturday.
About Peth fort / Kothaligad
Height: 3100 feet
Time: Maximum 2.5 hrs from Ambivali, Base Village
Location: Karjat region
Trek Leader: Rajesh Mhaddalkar
Cost: Rs 700.00
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is thespecious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave.
Local Train Timing: Karjat Fast local
TreksandTrails, India Itinerary for youe trek to Peth / Kothaligad
08:00 Move 2 Ambivali village by rick
09:00 Ambivali Breakfast & Tea Break.
11:00 Peth village
12:00 Atop, Fort Exploration
13:30 Start descend
14:30 Peth Village
16:00 Descend continue
17:30 Karjat railway station by rickshaw / local ST bus
19:00 Departure from Mumbai.
Things to carry
1. Haversack to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts.
2. Ready to eat foods, like plum cakes, chocolate bars, some snacks & biscuits etc.
3. Camera (Optional), please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
4. Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder. ***** Carry one time meal (Lunch) for the trek. ****
5. Personal medicines. Sweaters if required. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
6. Good trekking shoes, Extra Pair of Clothes, Plastic bag to keep clothes dry.
7. Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
- We shall be in Mumbai around 22:00 Hrs. (Subjective)
- This includes Transportation from Neral to Ambivali village and back, light morning breakfast, 1 Veg lunch, evening tea, TreksandTrails, India charges if any.
- Please purchase a return ticket till Karjat. Alight at Neral station
- Board the second last compartment from Karjat end which is the second one from CST end
- Exclusion: Emergency Medical evacuations if any, Insurance and any item/event not mentioned in the inclusion list.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact...send a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at own risk)
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags on treks.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsI
Disclosures on medical conditions
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.