Kohoj Fort Trek
Kohoj Fort Trek can be reached from the Vaghote village on Palghar - Wada road. At the base of the fort is a lake which gives beautiful reflection of the fort. It takes 2 hours approx from the village to reach the plateau. On the plateau of the fort, a temple of Lord Shankar and 3 groups of water cisterns can be seen. Fortification and remains of settlements also can be seen at some of the places. On the way that stretchesfrom the right side of the temple up the hill, there are three large water cisterns; two of which contain potable water. On the top of this hill we come across a bastion and a temple of Lord Hanumana. There many natural pinnacles formed due to wind-erosion, two of them are man-shaped pinnacle which is one of the greatest wonder of nature’s creation. Very few of the historical evidences are coherent to this fort. Looking at its well-dug water cisterns, the fort can be said to be belonging to the Bhoj-period but no such evidences are available. In 16th century, Portuguese captured this fort from the King of Gujarat. They constructed fortifications and bastions on this fort. Later, in 18th century, Peshwe conquered this fort in their campaign of 1737. Afterwards the fort remained under the British rule.
Kohoj Fort Trek - Event Details
Height: 3200 feet
Time: Maximum 3 hrs from Waghote, base village
Location: Palghar region
Kohoj Fort Trek - TBA
Kohoj Fort Trek - What’s the plan?
Meet at Palghar railway station, ticket counter at 7:30 am.
How to travel?
Participants using Western railway can board in the Churchgate - Dahanu local train which leaves Churchgate at 5.24 am and halting
5:33 Mumbai Central
TreksandTrails Itinerary for trek to Khoj fort !!!
07:40 Breakfast at Palghar
08:10 Travel to base village by private jeep
09:00 Introduction, expectation setting with, rules to be followed, orientation.
09:10 Start the trek
11:30 On the plateau - Explore the fort & Lunch break
17:30 Reach Palghar railway station
19:30 Travel to Mumbai by train
Treks and Trails Kohoj Fort Trek Rules
- Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek.
- It’s not a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking exploration.
- Do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky.
- For all these events you are at your own risk.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or even local people.
- Due to the Monsoon season we recommend you to please take care at every place while walking /climbing / trekking.
- Rains are expected so please double pack your valuables in plastic bags to save them from getting wet.
- No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountains.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding. ***Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer. ***
- Treks and Trails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Payment made is non refundable and non transferable.
- Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags.
Treks and Trails India recommends things to carry for Kohoj Fort Trek
- Haversack and sweater/wind cheater to keep hands free
- Water bottle 3 liters
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Camera (Optional)
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
- Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
- Personal medicines.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
- Good trekking shoes
- Extra Pair of Clothes.
- ****** Carry one time meal (Lunch) for the trek ******
Disclosures on Medical Conditions
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )