Overnight trek to Harishchandragad via Tolar Khind
Grade:Medium – tuff
Assembly:Kalyan railway station
Duration:2 Days and 2 Nights.
Contribution:1400.00 per participant.
The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747. Main attractions on Fort: Saptatirtha Pushkarni, Kedareshwar Cave, Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff), Taramati peak, Temple of Harishchandreshwar,
TreksandTrails itinerary for the trek to Harishchandragad on 28 Feb and 01 March 2015
22:00Report at Kalyan ST bus stand
22:30Travel Kalyan Khubi Phata by bus. Reach Khubi phata .
00:00General Instruction/ Orientation & Night halt at Khireshwar village
06:30Start Trek toward Harishchandragad fort
11:00Reach On Top Of Harishchandragad. Explore - REST - Lunch - Explore – Photography
12:30Visit Konkan kada & back to the temple. Dinner & night stay in the cave near temple.
07:00Visit Taramati peak & back to temple.
08:30Start descending Harishchandragad
13:00Lunch in the village.
15:00Reach Khubi Phata & proceed towards Kalyan.
20:00Disperse at Kalyan ST bus depot (subjective)
The cost of the event would be Rs. 1400.00
Inclusion: The above cost includes travel from Kalyan to Kalyan travel, 2 morning tea, 1 Veg Lunch, 1 veg dinner and TreksandTrails charges if any.
Exclusion: Emergency medical evacuations if any required, Insurance or any other item/event not mentioned in the inclusion list.
TreksandTrails Advisory Note
Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek. It’s not a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. Participation contribution is non refundable and NOT transferable. We shall travel together as a group.
We all are going for an adventurous activity. Do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments. Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking/ parasailing/ snorkelling/ sea diving/ Scuba Diving or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or even local people. Due to the Monsoon season we recommend you to please take care at every place while walking /climbing / trekking. No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountains.
TreksandTrails suggested List of Items to carry
1. Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes, Sewing kit, spare shoes laces
2. Rucksack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
3. Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
4. Water Bottle (3lts minimum) compulsory, Sun Cap, Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirt.
5. Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family doctor).
6. Personal bedding, sleeping Bag / 2 bed sheets & carry mat, safety pins.
7. Torch with spare set of batteries, Light weight towel. plate, tumbler, tea mug/ cup, spoon.
*** Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer. ***
***** Telephonic confirmation is required to confirm your participation.***
TreksandTrails rules for this trek
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the event without prior notice.
4. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/skirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
5. Please avoid wearing gold and other jewellery (at own risk). Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags on treks.