Overnight trek to Vasota - Nageshwar on 17 - 18 January 2015 (leaving 16th January night)
Date:17 - 18 Jan 2015
Assembly:Kalyan railway station
Duration:2 Days and 2 Nights
Contribution: Rs. 1500.00
Vasota fort is situated on the banks of the Shivsagar dam. Met Indavali is the base village of Vasota. From here the forest path leads us to the top of Vasota. It takes two hours to reach the top. It is a gradual climb and through dense forest. It is an ideal trek in winter and summer. The view from top is breath-taking. The fort is covered by a thick reserved forest. On the east side are the backwaters of Shivsagar dam. After that one can see the mountain range of Kas Mahabaleshwar. Steep falls or cliffs on the west side of the fort and the mountain ranges add to the beauty of the place. Nageshwar cave is visible on the north of the fort. It is a two hours trek form Vasota
20:30 - Assemble at Kalyan railway station on 16th January 2015
21:30 - 03:30 Travel Kalyan to Satara by Mahalaxmi Express.
03:30 - 06:00 Reach Satara. Rest at Satara railway station
17th January 2015
06:00 Breakfast at Satara.
07:00 Travel Satara to Bamnoli, Met Indivali by ST bus & boat.
10:00 Reach Met Indivali, start trek towards Vasota.
12:00 Summit Vasota.
13:00 Lunch on the fort. Exploration and photography.
15:00 Move toward Nageshwar, tea & snacks.
18:00 Reach Nageshwar
18:30 Start decent
20:30 Stay at base village - Chorawane
18 Jan 2015
07:00 Wake up, have tea and breakfast
13:00 Lunch in village,
14:00 Proceed to Chiplun,
16:00 Travel from Chiplun to Mumbai by train
We would be getting back to Dadar at 21:00 (Subjective). The cost of this trek would be Rs 1500.00
This includes travel cost from Travelling from Satara – Vasota – to Chiplun, 2 Breakfast, 2 veg meals, 2 evening refreshments, TrekandTrails India charges if any.
TreksandTrails Advisory Note:
Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek. It’s not a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. Participation contribution is non refundable and NOT transferable. We shall travel together as a group. We all are going for an adventurous activity. Do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments. Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking/ parasailing/ snorkelling/ sea diving/ Scuba Diving or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or even local people. Due to the Monsoon season we recommend you to please take care at every place while walking /climbing / trekking. No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountains.
TreksandTrails suggested list of items
1. Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes, sewing kit, spare shoes laces
2. Rucksack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
3. Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
4. Water Bottle (3lts minimum) compulsory, sun cap, Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirt.
5. Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family doctor).
6. Personal bedding, sleeping Bag / 2 bed sheets & carry mat, safety pins.
7. Torch with spare set of batteries, Light weight towel. 1 Steel dinner plate, tumbler, tea mug/ cup, spoon.
* Participants can claim a cash back for general class train ticket from Mumbai to Satara and back ***
** Please carry one time meal for this trek ***
*** Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer. ***
***** Telephonic confirmation is required to confirm your participation. ***
Treks and Trails rules for this trek:
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the event without prior notice.
4. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/skirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
5. Please avoid wearing gold and other jewellery (at own risk). Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or sling bags on treks.