TreksandTrails invites you for trekking near Mumbai at Alang – Madan – Kulang. The toughest trek In Sahyadri on 05th – 06th – 07th December 2014
We invite you as its the best time to visit these forts. After the rains between October and January end. As the path leading to these caves become difficult during the monsson. Post which the water is less. Come on pack your bags.
Duration:3 days and 3 Nights
Height:4852 - 4841 - 4822 ft
Region:Igatpuri - Kalsubai
Contribution:Rs 2200.00 per person
About Alang fort:
Alang Fort (also Alangad) is a fort in Nashik district, Maharashtra, India. It is one of the three forts, the others being Madangad and Kulang, in the Kalsubai range of the Western Ghats. They are the most difficult to reach forts in Nasik District. A dense forest cover make these treks difficult. These three forts are a little neglected due to very heavy rains in the area and a difficult confusing path to the forts
About Kulang fort:
Being in the same region of the three forts its said climb to Kulag is the most difficult. On the way up climbing we come across patches of roch cut steps. It take 6 hours to reach from Kulanwadi to the fort. On the fort to see around 5 water cisterns. Form here we could also see Mahuli with the 3 pinacles. One can also stay at the caves here.
About Madan fort:
The climb preferred is usually between Madan and Alang. The time taken could around 3-4 hours toreach the step after leaving Kulung fort. over here rock climbing would be required as the wall of the steps was destroyed during the cannon fire. Use of a fixed rope is required. There is one large cave on this fort and 2 water cistern. The top of the fort is a huge plateau. On the fort, there are two caves, a small temple and 11 water cisterns. Remnants of buildings are spread over the fort. Kalasubai, Aundh Fort, Patta and Bitangad are to the east of the fort, Harihar, Trymbakgad and Anjaneri to its north and Harishchandragad, Aajobagad, Khutta (pinnacle), Ratangad and Katrabai to its south.
TreksandTrails Itinerary for trek to Alang Madan and Kulung
Board the slow Kasara Local train (N) from Mumbai CST on 04th December 2014
Meeting Point: Kasara Station Near Ticket Counter 01:18hrs 05th December 2014
01:30 Reach Kasara
02:30 Start travel General Introduction, & travel upto Ambewadi
04:00 Rest for 2 hours
06:30 Wake up, Breakfast.
07:30 Start the trek
Reach the col between Alang and Madan, climb the rock patch of Madangad. Lunch Break on Madangad top. After lunch start Descending Madangad. Reach the col between Alang and Madan Start Ascending Alang Fort Reach the cave, dinner and rest for the day.
06:00 Wake up, Breakfast, Explore Alang.
Start Descending Alang fort & trek towards Kulang fort, Lunch in the route. Reach the cave of Kulang fort. Dinner and rest for the day.
06:30 Wake up, Breakfast, explore Kulang fort.
09:00 Start descending, Kulang fort, reach Ambewad and have lunch.
15:30 Travel towards Kasara.
17:30 Reach Kasara.
Transportation from Kasara – Ambewadi - Kasara by local Transport ST / Jeep.
Day 1 -- Breakfast, Evening Tea, and Dinner,
Day 2 – Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Tea, and Dinner,
Day 3 -- Breakfast, Lunch.
Technical Equipment, Expertise and TreksandTrails charges if any.
Treks and Trails recommends things to carry
***** Carry one time meal for the trek. *****
1. Haversack to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts. One extra pair of clothes, sweater. Sleeping mat.
2. Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
3. Camera (Optional), please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at own risk)
4. Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder. Sleeping bag, carry matt.
5. Personal medicines. Sweaters if required. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
6. Wear good trekking shoes. Torch with extra batteries.
7. Bed sheets; please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Group leader decision will be final and binding.
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact, send a text message.
5. Please be prepared for cold night.
6. Sleevless/cut sleves, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops/ hot pants will not be allowed.
7. Short pants till knee length allowed.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )