Maharashtra Valley of Flowers - 3rd Batch - 5th October 2014, Leaving on 4th October 2014 @ 10.30 pm
Treks and Trails India Mobile / Whatsapp - 8828746865
3rd Batch - 5th October 2014 (Leaving on 4th October 2014 @ 10.30 pm )
Kaas Plateau is known as Maharashtra's Valley of Flowers. Kaas Plateau is situated on the high hills of Sahyadri in Western Ghats. It is the best place to visit in monsoon, from the mid of August to October. The whole plateau looks like a carpet in various colors. It's a unique place for flora researchers, nature lovers & photographers.
Near about 175 various flower species found at Kaas Plateau and one of the few found on earth only at Kaas Plateau. In June 2012 UNESCO has announced this location as a Biodiversity World Heritage Site.
The plateau is home to 850 species of flowering plants, of which 624 have entered the Red Data Book, a state document that lists species whose existence is threatened. As many as 39 species are found only in Kaas region.
Some of the rare species found here include Dipcadi montanum, Ceropegia vincaefolia, Pleocaulus ritchiei and Drosera burmanii. This is also the reason why the place is popular with nature lovers, flora researchers and also photographers.
Tour is Ideal for Macro Photography and Landscape Photography
Journey Details: ( One Day Tour Details )- Kaas Trail Charges is Rs 1700.00 per head
1. October 4th 2014 10.30 pm: Meeting point at Pritam Hotel, Dadar (East) one day prior to the event date.
Pick up points Dadar - Chembur - Vashi - Nerul - Kalamboli on highway
2. October 5th 2014 at 5.30 am: Reach Satara – Tea and Breakfast – Rest
3. 7.30 am: Reach Kaas Plateau.
4. 7.30 am - 11.30 am: Sight Seeing – Photography – Valley exploration.
5. 12.00 pm: Lunch
6. 1.00 pm: Thoseghar Waterfall
7. 3.00 pm: Leave for Mumbai
8. 10.30 pm: Reach Mumbai Approx
Which includes travel by a Non-ac bus 40 Seater 2 X 2 from Dadar to Kaas Plateau Satara and back till Dadar, Veg Breakfast, Veg Lunch, evening Tea, Entry fee for Kaas Plateau & Treks and Trails India charges. Seats will be reserved on first come 1st basis.
Please note: Entry Fee for Photography to be paid by participants at Kaas and Thoseghar.
Payment is non refundable or transferable.
Things To Carry:-
A Water Bottles (2-3 Litres)
Torch with Extra batteries
Cap, Rain cheater (Optional) for those who don't want to get wet
Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
Please avoid wearing Gold and other costly ornaments
Electoral or Glucon D powder, some ready to eat food like Plum cakes, biscuits etc.
Towel, Napkins, Extra Pair of clothes
Polythene bag for your garbage
2-3 bunch of papers (Optional)
Good trekking shoes
Personal basic medical kit (Containing an antiseptic, few bandages, personal medications if any, etc.)
Please do not carry sling bags or jholas. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried… so that one has hands free while trekking
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
2. TreksandTrails reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
3. Proper footwear is essential for this trek. As trekking with a weak shoe sole is best avoided.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact. Send a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops/skirt, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Wear comfortable clothes like track pants and t-shirts. Avoid wear jeans pants.
7. Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags on treks.
List of exclusions
Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption.
Food/Tea purchase while travelling to site and back.
Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
follow us: https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Join us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TreksandTrailsIndia/
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )