Sondai Fort Trek - One Day Easy Trek Near Karjat
About Sondai Fort Trek
Sondai is not popular fort. Sondai is 9 kms from Karjat. It offers beautiful view of Morbe Dam, Prabalgad, Irshal, Rajmachi, Songiri forts and Matheran mountain range. Sondai was used as watch tower. Sondewadi and Wavarle are the base villages of Sondai fort. Sondewadi village is situated at 1/4th height of this fort. There are 2 water cisterns on and steps are carved out of rocks to go on the topmost point where an idol of Sondai Devi stands. Two more water cisterns are on the way and has potable water. Waverle is another village from where a bit difficult approach to the fort passes through the dense forest.
Sondai Trek Video
Batches for Sondai
21st October 2018 - Buy Tickets - Book now →
28th October 2018 - Buy Tickets - Book now →
One Day Monsoon Trek to Sondai Fort Event Details
Sondai Fort Trek difficulty level Medium
Sondai fort base village Sondewadi
Sondai fort height 1200 feet
Time required to climb Sondai fort 2 - 2.5 hours
Cost: Rs. 750
Sondai Fort - Monsoon Trek Event Itinerary
Train option for Mumbai participants
Catch CSMT - Karjat local
CSTM - Karjat local timing
- 06:10 CSMT
- 06:18 Byculla
- 06:24 Dadar
- 06:31 Kurla
- 06:35 Ghatkopar
- 06:49 Thane
- 06:57 Dombivali
- 07:02 Kalyan
- 08:05 Karjat
Train options for Pune participants
Board Sinhgad express from Pune
- 06.05 Pune
- 06:10 Shivaji Nagar
- 06:28 Pimpri
- 06:33 Chinchwad
- 07:13 Lonavala
- 07:58 Karjat
08:05 Meet at Karjat railway station, near ticket counter.
08:15 Move to Base Village by Tumtum / ST bus.
08:45 Reach at Sondewadi and Breakfast.
09:15 Start ascending.
11:30 Reach on top and explore.
14:30 Reach at Sondewadi and Lunch.
15:45 Journey towards Karjat railway station by Tumtum / ST bus.
16:30 Reach at Karjat railway station.
People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
Missing the train is missing Sondai Monsoon Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Please wear trekking shoes for this trek with good grip.
1 veg Breakfast.
Travel Karjat to Karjat by local tumtum/bus.
Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
- Lunch for the Day is Exluded
Travel cost from Mumbai to Karjat and back.
Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
Any kind of personal expenses.
Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
How to Register
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs 750 per person in the given a/c
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
UPI ID - 9619095743@axisbank
Batches for Sondai
21st October 2018 - Buy Tickets - Book now →
28thOctober 2018 - Buy Tickets - Book now →
For any queries please call us
- Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828004949 / 9764461419 / 9867046166 ( Monday to Saturday - 11:30 am to 6 pm )
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Things to Carry
Thing to carry
2/3 liters of water.
Lunch for the trek.
Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
Good Torch must with extra battery.
Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
FAQ Sondai Fort Trek
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can we drive till Sondewadi?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Sondewadi?
- Two hours drive from Mumbai 70 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Sondewadi?
- Two and half hours drive from Pune - 115 km approx.
4. Number of days required for this event?
- One day.
5. Is there food available on Sondai?
- No. Food available at base village.
6. How much time required to climb Sondai?
- 2-2.5 hours (one way).
7. Where can we park our cars?
- Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are toilet available on Sondai fort?
- Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
10. Do Single travellers female sign up for these events?
- We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
- Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are kids allowed on treks?
- Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
- Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone connectivity?
- Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
- Cash payment is not accepted.
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
- On the spot payment not accepted.
- We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
- Normal well water shall be provided
16. Can I charge my phone?
- No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the weather now?
- Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx.
- Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
- NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
20. How do I make payment?
- You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
21. How to reach Sondai fort ?
- You can search for base village Sondewadi in google maps and drive till base village
- From Karjat Railway station hire rickshaw till base village sondewadi
22. Sondai Fort difficulty ?
- Sondai Fort Trek is easy grade with few rock patches which can be slippery during monsoon good trekking shoes like Action Trekking Shoes or CTR trekking shoes will help you on this trek
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )