List to Build Basic Trekking Equipment
1. Choose a trekking group after few checking?
- Group establishment date
- Website / Facebook page / Facebook Group Page
- Treks completed in previous year
- Feedback from friends / fellow trekkers on social media
- Speak with Group Leader before joining a trek
- Check group size being handled and no of leaders on trek
2. Good Shoes are must for Monsoon popular brands are deceiving in marketing campaign my recommedation
- Action Trekking Shoes - Pros: Excellent Grip all Weather Cons: Sole is hard and shoes are heavy
- Hunter Shoes - Good Grip not easily available can give blisters in rain
Quechua has many options available online good light shoes with decent grip
- Merrell is another imported brand with light weight shoes and good grip though expensive
- Woodlands are ok in dry weather very slippery in monsoon or wet climate
3. Repair Kit always carry Fevi sticks - Sewing Kit - Swiss Knife - Torch - Sticky Tape
4. Medicines preventive measures such as a through medical check up before you start trekking can save you from unexpected hazards. Trekking destinations are mostly remote places, it is imperative to make a comprehensive first aid box consisting of basic drugs and accessories as part of the paraphernalia for trekking. Build a first aid box containing medicine
- Fever / Body ache/ head ache
- Diarrhoea / amoebic infections , digestion problems
- Sprains of neck , waist , backbone etc
- Injury through cuts, wounds , blisters
- Zeoline or Tablets to clean water
- Nausea, general sickness of mountains
5. Food and Water for energy always carry little extra to share with friends
- Water Bladder or Hydration pack are ideal to carry water
- Snacks like cakes / biscuits / chocolates / Glucon D help you mantain stamina while trekking
- Carry trekking cooking stove which help you cook food easily on treks
6. Toiletry help you stay germ free liquid soaps / toilet paper / sunscreen / toothpaste help maintain hygiene
7. Rucksack to put all your things in good options are available now in the market get a rain cover to keep belongings dry.
8. Poncho or Raincoat to stay dry, Ponchos are best as they cover your bag and help keep it dry avoid wearing rain jackets from market as they can handle only normal rains.
9. Slippers will relieve your feet from stress after a long walk and wet shoes
10. Extra pair of dry clothes / socks / water proof pouches or zip lock bags to keep cloths dry / Good hat / Whistle
11. Sleeping bag and mat for night treks to keep you warm from cold floor.
12. Listen to your trek leader and follow his instruction well, Being injured or Stranded on a trek can mean days before evacuation or help, medical facilities are limited on trekking routes so help will reach after hours or days.
13. Avoid any kind of addictions on treks - alchohol - smoking - chewing tobacco. Dont listen to music while trekking you might miss important instruction being passed on.
14. Camera need extra protection in monsoon buy a waterproof housing to keep camera dry good options are available on ebay you can also check dicapac which is available in India.
14. Carry extra battery for mobiles camera torch since electricity is mostly not available.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )