Trek Dodhani Village to Matheran via Sunset Point
About Dodhani Village:- Dodhani Village is situated at foot hills of Matheran you can see Chanderi fort and Peb Fort which are located near it. We will be trekking from Dodhani Village to Matheran via Sunset Point.
Matheran which means "forest on the forehead" (of the mountains) is an eco-sensitive region, declared by the Ministry of Environment and Forest, Government of India. It is Asia's only automobile-free hill station.
Dodhani Point is also known as Sunset point from here Prabalgad Fort / KalavantinDurg / Irshalgad / Karnala Fort / Morbe Dam are visible. Matheran Sunset point is where every traveller to Matheran assembles at the end of day.
Our uphill trek will take us through grass patches and rice fields. We will cross one small waterfall and forest area after gaining some height we will reach a small temple with opening we can rest here and enjoy snacks. Our trek will begin again we would gaining height more quickly now trek will be more tiring now. We can see the fog for which Matheran is famous after another one hour of trek from temple we will have reached sunset point. Matheran Bazaar is another 3.5 km walk from Sunset Point.
Batches for Matheran Trek 2017
16th July 2017 - Registration closed
23rd July 2017
30th July 2017
Events Details for Matheran Trek:
Matheran via Sunset Point
Event Cost: Rs. 800/- per person
Base Village: Dodhani
Altitude: 2,200 feet above sea level
Approximate Duration: 2.5 hrs of Ascend.
Matheran Trek Event Itinerary:
- CST 6.00 am
- Vadala Road 6.18 am
- Kurla 6.29 am
- Vashi 6.48 am
- Nerul 6.57 am
- Panvel 7.18 am
- Thane 6.19 am
- Koparkhairane 6.36 am
- Nerul 6.48 am
- Panvel 7.10 am
07.30 am - Meet us at Panvel Station (Near ticket counter)
07.45 am - Proceed towards ST Bus Depot.
08.00 am - Leave for Dodhani.
09.00 am - Reach Dodhani (Base Village) and have breakfast.
09.30 am - Start trekking.
12.30 pm - Reach the top.
01.00 pm - Have lunch & explore Matheran.
03.30 pm - Move towards Dasturi Naka from Matheran Station.
05.00 pm - Reach Neral & have evening snacks.
05.30 pm - Start return journey.
- Travel from Panvel to Dodhani.
- Food: Breakfast & Evening Snacks.
- Taxi charges from Dasturi Naka to Neral.
- Matheran Entry fee.
- Treks and Trails Expertise Charges.
- Train Ticket till Panvel & from Neral.
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
- Lunch for the day.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusion.
How to Register
Batches for Matheran Trek 2017
Registration closed for 16th July 2017
16th July 2017 - Buy Tickets -
23rd July 2017 - Buy Tickets -
30th July 2017 - Buy Tickets -
For registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 800.00 per person.
Payu Money Payment Procedure
Step 1: www.payumoney.com/pay
Step 2: Merchant id: 5277834
Step 3: Select Quicksearch
Step 4: Enter Amount - Enter Payment Description - Enter Mobile number for SMS Confirmation
Step 5: Select Payment Method ( Credit Card - Debit Card - etc )
Step 6: Email us online receipt.
Please Call or email for any clarification
Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865
Treks and Trails 9619095743
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days.No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- Beautiful Waterfall during Monsoon.
- View of Prabalgad and KalavntinDurg.
- Exploring hidden side of Matheran.
- Shopping and Visit to Matheran Bazaar Peth.
Things to Carry
first-trek-essentials - http://www.treksandtrails.org/index.php/18-explore-more/546-first-trek-essentials
Learn how to plan your first trek - http://www.treksandtrails.org/index.php/18-explore-more/546-first-trek-essentials
Things you Need
- Some Snacks for Energy while you Trek
- Identity proof (must)
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Glucon D / Energy bars
- Water (at least 2 - 3 Liters)
- Sun Cap
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional). First Aid
- Wear good trekking shoe. Shoes with good grip preferable. You can carry extra slipper.
- Avoid wearing sport shoes as they don’t offer good grip on wet rocks
- A haversack / Backpack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Dry Bag or Plastic bag to keep clothes dry
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Carry alternate phone or dry bag for phone - power bank for charging
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Please wear full sleeves and long pants
- Please wear dark colored clothes avoid wearing white colored clothes
- Odomos gel or cream to avoid mosquitoes or insect
- Rainwear (Poncho - Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet )
Monsoon Precaution and Safety
- Kindly carry dry bag or plastic bags for dry clothes, wallet, money, camera, phone, gadgets.
- Bag or Backpack with rain cover.
- Wear Good Trekking shoes with good grip (campus trekking shoes )
- Use Odomos or other repellents to keep bugs and mosquitoes away.
- Wear only full sleeves / cap / full pants / dark coloured clothes.
- Keep handy information on nearest railway station / bus stop / taxi stand.
- Listen to Trek leader and always stay in group.
- Inform Family / Friends about where about.
- Avoid taking selfies near risky places.
- Avoid listening to music on earphones or speakers you will miss out on important instructions .
Event Rules for Matheran Trek
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact us, please send us a text message.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags.
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
Wear good trekking shoes. Take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 9619095743
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd