Andharban Trek - Monsoon 2017
About Andharban Forest - Trek
Andharban, by its name means a dark dense forest. It is a gradual descend trek, where you are already on height and you will descend till end. It is one of the most beautiful trek and lots of things to explore. We will be walking on a ridge offering an awesome view of the Kundalika Valley, Bhira dam and the mountain ranges of Tamhinighat. Evergreen forest covers you with shade in the first half of the trek (6-8 kms).The trek further descends down in Konkan to reach Bhira (4 kms).The same valley where is the origin of the Kundalika river famous for its white water river rafting
Batches for Andharban Trek 2017
- Registration is Closed for 19th 20th August 2017
- 26th 27th August 2017
Andharban Trek Details
Type - Valley / Jungle descend trail
Range - Mulshi, Pune
Base Village - Tamhini
Trek Distance - 13 Km
Cost: Rs 1300.00
Trek Andharban Monsoon - Major Attractions
- Beautiful Kundalika Valley
- Tamhini Ghat
- Bhira Dam Landscape start point
- Dense and dark jungle trail
- Good option for macro photography
Event Itinerary Mumbai
Andharban Trek Itinerary
Meeting point: Dadar (E) at 23:00 at PritamDhaba
Pickup from Chembur – Sion Highway after bridge - Vashi – Nerul – Kalamboli
Reach Tamhini village and rest in bus till 06.00 am
06.00 Wakeup call
08.00 Start trek towards Andharban
11.30 Lunch Break
12:30 Hirdi Plateau - Start Trek towards Pimpri Dam
15:30 Pimpri Dam
16:30 Evening Tea
17:30 Departure to Mumbai
22:00 Reaching Mumbai tentatively
- Trekkers should carry packed Lunch for this Trek
- Travel from Dadar and back to Dadar.
- 1 Veg Breakfast and Tea + Evening tea.
- Treks and Trails India charges
- Please carry lunch for the day
- Emergency Medical evacuations if any required
- Insurance and any item/event not mentioned in the inclusion list.
How to Register
Batches for Andharban 2017
- Registration is Closed for 19th 20th August 2017
26th 27th August 2017 - Buy Tickets -
Andharban Trek Registration and Confirmation - Rs.1300.00 per person from Mumbai in the given a/c.
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
Please Call or email for any clarification:
Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865 ( 11 am to 7 pm only )
Treks and Trails 9619095743 ( 11 am to 7 pm only )
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- Refund to be made on Rs 1300 booking amount - Taxes and Transaction charge will be deducted for online payments
Things to Carry
Andharban Trek - Things you need
- Lunch for the Day
- Wear good trekking shoe. ( Normal Sport Shoes are not allowed )
- Carry extra socks
- Personal First Aid and Medicine please carry
- Torch with new batteries - complusory
- Identity proof (must)
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Glucon D energy bars etc
- Water (at least 2 - 3 Litres)
- Medicine those if you require usually (Optional).
- Carry extra Sandals ( Normal Sport Shoes are not allowed )
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Dry Bag or Plastic bag to keep clothes dry
- Double pack your valuables in plastic bags
- Carry alternate phone or dry bag for phone - powerbank for charging
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Please wear full sleeves and long pants
- Please wear dark colored clothes avoid wearing white colored clothes
- Odomos gel or cream to avoid mosquitoes or insect
Monsoon Precaution and Safety
- Kindly carry dry bag or plastic bags for dry clothes, wallet, money, camera, phone, gadgets
- Bag or Backpack with rain cover
- Wear Good Trekking shoes with good grip ( campus trekking shoes )
- Use Odmos or other repellents to keep bugs and mosquitoes away
- Wear only full sleeves / cap / full pants / dark coloured clothes
- Keep handy information on nearest railway station / bus stop / taxi stand
- Listen to Trek leader and always stay in group
- Inform Family / Friends about where about
- Avoid taking selfies near risky places
- listening to music on earphones or speakers
Andharban Trek Rules:
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding. ***Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer. ***
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at your own risk)
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags. Payment made is non-refundable and non-transferable.
8. Listening to music not allowed during trek on speaker or earphones
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewelry etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update:
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 9619095743
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd