One Day Trek to Kalavantin Durg
Height: 2000 feet approx
Grade: Medium – Thrilling
Kalavantin Base Village: Thakurwadi
Contribution: Rs 800 /- per head
About Kalavantin Durg:
Kalavantin Durg was used as a watch tower and is located right next to Prabhalgad fort on the old Mumbai-Pune route. The beauty of this trek is the amazing rock cut steps that zig-zag their way up the mountain to take you to the top of the fort. One can get a panoramic view from the top, not to mention the thrill of an exposed climb via the stairs. Also listed as The 33 Most Beautiful Abandoned Places in one of the blogs.
Trek to Kalavantin Durg - 20th August 2016
Meet at 6.45 AM (Sharp) at Panvel bus depot
07:00 Breakfast at Panvel
07:45 Depart from Panvel Bus Depot to Thakurwadi by ST Bus / Tum Tum
08:25 Thakurwadi base
08:30 Trek from Thakurwadi to Kalavantin
11:00 Kalavantin Durg summit Rest - Lunch - Explore – Photography
13:30 Descend to Thakurwadi
16:00 By ST Bus to Panvel
17:00 Trek Ends with Happy Memories at Panvel Bus Depot
How to Register
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Registration is non Transferable
- Remember if you miss this train you miss the trek.
- Travel from Panvel-Thakurwadi-Panvel by Tumtum / ST Bus
- morning breakfast - Veg Lunch - Tea
- Trek Leader charges and expertise
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary, like Insurance, emergency Medical Evacuations
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Treks and Trails India - Event Rules
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact us, please send us a text message.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags.
- Wear dry fit if possible.
Things to Carry
Things to Carry
**** Carry one time meal (Lunch) ******
- Haversack to keep hands free.
- Water bottle 3 litres.
- Extra Pair of clothes.Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Electoral or GluconD powder.Personal medicines.
- Sun protection cap, googles, some ready to eat food like plumb cake, biscuit, fruits.
- Light weight towel.
- Extra set of clothes.