Kothaligad (Peth) Night Trek
About Kothaligad Peth Trek
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave.
Batches for Kothaligad Trek
- 21st 22nd April 2018
- 28th 29th April 2018
- 5th 6th May 2018
- 12th 13th May 2018
- 19th 20th May 2018
- 26th 27th May 2018
Kothaligad Peth Night Trek Event Details
- Kothaligad Trek Route Difficulty - Medium
- Base village for Kothaligad Trek - Peth village / Ambivali village.
- Peth Cha Killa Region - Karjat
- Total time required for climbing Kothaligad Fort - Maximum 2.5 hrs from Ambivali
- Duration - 1 Day 1 Night
- Kothaligad / Peth Fort height 3100 feet approx
- Cost - Rs 900 per head
Peth Trek Map - Kothaligad Trek Map
Peth Fort / Kothaligad night trek itinerary
Day 0 – Saturday Night
Catch Karjat fast local from CST.
CST – Karjat fast local time table.
- 21:26 - CST.
- 21:33 - Byculla
- 21:40 - Dadar
- 21:47 - Kurla
- 21:51 - Ghatkopar
- 22:03 - Mulund
- 22:07 - Thane
- 22:20 - Dombivli
- 22:20 - Kalyan
- 23:19 - Karjat
- 23.30 – Meeting at Karjat railway station
- 23:45 – Journey towards Ambivali by local tumtum
Day 1 – Sunday
- 01:15 – Reach at Ambivali.
- 01:30 – Ascend.
- 04:30 – Reach on top and rest till sunrise.
- 06:00 – View sunrise and explore fort.
- 07:00 – Descend.
- 08:00 - Peth Village.
- 08:30 - Breakfast.
- 09:30 - Descend continue.
- 10:30 - Ambivali.
- 10:45 – Journey towards Karjat by local tumtum.
- 12:30 - Karjat
- 1 veg Breakfast
- Travel Karjat to Karjat by local Jeep
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Karjat and back
- Travel from Pune to Karjat and back
- Mineral water/ lime water / purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kothaligad Peth Night Trek, no refund will be provided.
How to Register
Batches for Kothaligad Trek
21st 22nd April 2018 - Buy Ticket -
28th 29th April 2018 - Buy Ticket -
5th 6th May 2018 - Buy Ticket -
12th 13th May 2018 - Buy Ticket -
19th 20th May 2018 - Buy Ticket -
26th 27th May 2018 - Buy Ticket -
For Registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 900.00 per person in the given a/c
Account Name - Treks and Trails
Bank Name - Axis Bank
Account Number - 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code - UTIB0000695
Account Type - Current Account
Please Call or email for any clarification:
- Treks and Trails Mumbai mobile/Whatsapp - 8828746865 / 8828004949
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
Thing to carry on Kothaligad Night Trek
- 3 litters of water
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
FAQ Kothaligad Peth Night Trek
Frequently Asked Questions - Kothaligad Trek
1. Can we drive till Ambivali?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Ambivali?
Two and half hour’s drive from Mumbai 90 km approx
3. Distance from Pune to Ambivali?
Three hours drive from Pune - 135 km approx
4. Number of days required for this event?
One Day - One Night
5. Is there food available on Kothaligad - Peth Village?
Food available at base village - During day
6. How much time required climbing Kothaligad Peth ?
2.5 hours one way
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are Toilet Available on Kothaligad (Peth)?
- Not available. During the trek toilets are not available
- Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode
10. Do single traveller’s female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
- Cash payment is not accepted.
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
- On the spot payment not accepted.
- We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.