Anjarle Turtle festival 2018 - Travel by AC bus
Anjarle Village is hosting its first turtle conservation event. Let us support the villagers and provide support and motivation to villagers by participating in Anjarle Turtle Festival.
Anjarle beach located near Dapoli is well connected by roads and prime example of Konkan beach. Unspoiled a sleepy fishing village surrounded by beach covered with coconut trees. You can spend your weekend here refreshing and taking the beautiful sights around Anjarle Village.
Anjarle is also famous for the ‘Kadyawarcha Ganpati’ temple located on a cliff. Anjarle Turtle festival is organized by Sahyadri Nisarga Mitra and Kasav Mitra Mandal. Olive Ridley Turtles eggs are protected at nest site after they are laid on the beach by Turtles. Protected eggs are later released when they hatch into baby olive ridley turtles with hope they will return one day again to lay more eggs on the beach. Watching these baby turtles take their first steps as they find their way towards the sea is an unforgettable moment.
Enjoy boat ride from Harnai Jetty towards Suvarnadurg fort located in middle of the sea if you are lucky we can spot dolphin nearby. Suvarnadurg is a fort that is located on a small island in the Arabian Sea, near Harnai in Konkan.
Batches of Anjarle Turtle Festival 2018
- 30th 31st March 2018
- 31st 1st April 2018
Event Details – Anjarle Turtle Festival 2018
- Event Type: Tour
- Travelling by A/C Bus
- Food Arrangement: Homestay with Veg food already arranged
- Transport: Travel by same private vehicle for the entire tour
- Minimum participants required: 6
- Maximum participants: 30
- Parking available yes
- Duration: 2 days 2 Nights.
- Cost: Rs 3200
Event Itinerary – Anjarle Turtle Festival 2018
Day 0: Friday Night
- 22:30 Meet at Pritam Da Dhaba, Dadar East near Kotak Atm
- 23:00 Leave for Anjarle
- 23:20 Chembur Diamond Garden
- 23:45 Vashi below main bridge near Vashi Plaza
- 00:15 Kalamboli Mcdonalds
Day 1 - Saturday
05:00 Reach Anjarle and Freshen up
06:00 Visit to Anjarle Beach for Turtle sighting
09:30 Visit to Suvarnadurg, Fattegad Light house
13:00 Lunch and Rest
16:30 Evening tea
17:00 Visit to Anjarle beach for turtle sightings
20:30 Dinner and rest
Day 2 - Sunday
05:30 Wake Up and freshen up
06:00 Visit to Anjarle beach for turtle sighting.
09:00 Departure from Anjarle
- Visit Anjarle famous temple - Kadyavarcha Ganpati
- Shree Vyaghreshwar Temple, Keshavraaj Temple
13:00 Lunch at Dapoli
14:00 Start return journey for Mumbai
23:00 Approx arrival at Dadar – Mumbai.
- Accommodation typical Konkani homestay - Dormitory
- Saturday 1 veg breakfast, 1 Veg Lunch, 1 Veg Dinner
- Sunday: 1 Veg breakfast, 1 Veg Lunch
- Sightseeing as per the schedule
- Expertise, guide charges and Treks and Trails, India administration charges if any.
- Ferryboat charges for Suvarnadurg if available.
- All entry tickets and permissions. Provision of primary first aid only
- Non Veg Food, Camera or photography charges if any.
- Dinner on Friday Night and Sunday not included.
- Mineral water and any other item not mentioned in the inclusions list.
How to Register
Batches of Anjarle Turtle Festival 2018
30th 31st March 2018 - Buy Ticket -
31st 1st April 2018 - Buy Ticket -
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 3200.00 per person from Mumbai.
Account Name - Treks and Trails
Bank Name - Axis Bank
Account Number - 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code - UTIB0000695
Account Type - Current Account
For any queries please call:
- Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865 / 8828004949 (11 am to 7 pm only)
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation
Anjarle Turtle Festival 2018 - Event Rules
- Smoking and Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Advance 100% payment is necessary for booking
- If unable to contact, send a text or Whatsapp message.
- Group leader decision will be final and binding.
- This is a group activity. Treks and Trails India reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Swimming in Sea is not allowed at Harihar Beach or Anjarle
Anjarle Turtle Festival 2018 - List of things required to carry
- Haversack to keep hands free.
- Please carry a personal photo ID proof.
- Water Bottle 3 lts.
- Please carry a personal extra bed sheets (optional).
- A good torch and extra batteries.
- Camera (Optional)
- Personal medicines.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other costly jewellery (at own risk).
- Electoral or GluconD powder and some ready to eat snacks & biscuits.
- Wear good trekking shoes, beachwear footwear, floaters, and a extra pair of clothes.
Please note - Anjarle Turtle Conservation Site Rules
- It is a conservation site visit and not a picnic.
- No plastic, don't litter or shout when the turtles are released.
- You are not allowed to touch turtles or enter conservation site.
- Wear sensible clothes, although it is a beach the locals are conservative and might take offence at beach attire suitable elsewhere.
- The route to the beach passes through a dirt track built over the mangroves, in the evenings it gets pitch dark and there are no street lights. Do carry a torch with you for such emergencies.
- Photography should be WITHOUT FLASH only.
Things to Carry
Things to carry:
- ID proof
- Extra pair of clothes
- Torch with extra battery
- Sturdy shoes or kitos
- Proper Rucksack to carry things
- Cap, Sunscreen, etc
- Dry food, energy bar, electoral powder Water bottle
- Camera, binoculars (optional)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
1. Are kids allowed?
Yes with parent or guardian
2. Is turtle sighting guaranteed ?
Hatchling sighting is not guaranteed.
Expected hatching dates are given by locals we all want you to see turtles when you come this far.
3. Jain food available ?
Can be arranged on request.
4. Can we pay cash ?
Advance 100% payment is required to confirm booking
5. Swimming in Sea is not allowed as beach is not safe and no lifeguards available
6. Toilets eastern commode are available
7. Can we drive till homestay ?
8. Phone network ?
Phone signal is weak
9. Electricity and Load Shedding ?
Please carry power bank along , some load shedding is present
10. Other places to visit nearby ?
Harnai Fishing Village
Dapoli Agriculture college
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828746865
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd