About Brighu Lake:
Brighu Lake is a high altitude lake which is located in the district Kullu. This lake is held sacred to the sage, Brighu. It lies on the various trek routes of the region. This lake is the holy place of Brighu Rishi, a great saint of Indian history.
Batches Brighu Lake:
- 11th to 17th November 2017
- 25th to 28th November 2017
- 2nd to 5th December 2017
- 9th to 12th December 17
- 16th to 19th December 2017
- 23rd to 26th December 2017
- 30th to 2nd January 2018
- 6th Jan to 9th January 2018
- 13th to 16th January 2018
Category: Camping / Trek
Height of the Trek: 14,000 Feet
Duration: 4 Day
Cost: Rs 7500.00
Brighu Lake Event Itinearary:
How to Reach:
- By Air- Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport. Taxi services are available from Bhuntar to Manali, which costs about Rs. 700- Rs1000. Bhuntar is well connected to Delhi by air. The airliners that take you to this Airport are Indian Airlines, Kingfisher airlines, MDLR Airlines and Jagson Airlines, operating flights from Delhi and Chandigarh to Kullu.
- By Road- Manali is well connected to Delhi. Take an overnight bus from Delhi and you will reach Manali in 12 - 14 hours. Tickets can be booked online at www.redbus.in or www.hrtc.gov.in.
Tip: Since Delhi Manali is a long journey most Volvo private buses leave Delhi between 5 pm and 6 pm. The last govt bus leaves at 8.30pm from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Manali to Delhi Like the onward journey, buses leave from Manali to Delhi between 4 and 5 p.m. Your tentative arrival at Delhi may be anywhere between 6 a.m and 10 a.m. Plan your onward journeys only post noon giving enough buffer for bus delays.
DAY 1- Manali to Manali Base Camp(Katerni)- 8km / 6732 ft
The fascinating Bhrigu Lake Trek commences from the city of Manali in Himachal Pradesh. The destination for the day is to reach the first campsite, the Katerni evening time. Onward journey from Manali is scheduled at 2pm so travelers are requested to reach the destination by morning time. In Manali, there are several prominent sightseeing spots like Hadimba Devi Temple, Tibetan Monastery, Mall road etc since it is one of the preferred tourist spots of the country. Spending some time in Manali, the schedule is to be at the Manali bus stop by 2pm where our representative will cordially welcome you and help fetch a drive to Katerni from where the trekking trip commences. This is almost a drive of 08 kms distance and it takes about 40 mins to reach the camp site by 3:00 to 3.30 it is expected to reach katerni.
DAY 2- Katerni to Rola Kholi via gulaba – 7km / 11800 ft
The second day trek is scheduled for a hike to 11,800 feet to reach Rola Kholi, the destination for the day. It's about 7kms from Gulaba Meadows camp and it takes about approximately 5 hours to reach the spot. The trail for the day comprises of a steep ascent for the first one and a half hour and then a gradual ascent via Kolang Nallah till the final campsite at Rola Kholi. The most fascinating part of the hike is that it moves through virgin forests and lush meadows with outstanding views of Manali and the pristine Solang valley. The wide array of wild flowers bloom at the pathway also highlights the beauty of the track. On the way the hikers can celebrate the sight and the beauty of notable peaks like Mount Hanuman Tibba and the beautiful seven sister peaks based in Beas Kund Valley The journey is not at all difficult as the trekking routes are simple and easy to move.
It's about 3 to 4 hours hike before the travelers can reach Kolang Nollah where they can have a small break to enjoy the beauty of the place and reenergize for the next stretch till campsite. It's advisable to carry much drinking water along as there are almost nil sources of pure water till Kolang Nallah. Here one can find a makeshift wooden bridge created to accommodate crossing the Nallah. The trail from here to campsite is again not very steep however few sharp turns and stony pathways mark the way. On reaching the spot, get settled in the tents and enjoy the night in the blissful environment. Light meals will be served at dinner to let the body adjust with the higher altitudes.
DAY 3- Rola Kholi to Brighu Lake to Deo dhar – 12km / 14000ft
Rola Kholi is a beautiful campsite, in fact the best in the whole tour considering the outstanding views it cater with three sides covered with mountains protecting the side from the cool and shivering mountain breeze. Having some packed lunch and adequate drinking water along the trek begins for the day towards Bhrigu Lake at 14,000feet. From the lake the hikers needs to descend to Deo Dhar at 13,760 feet for the next campsite. The trekking route till Bhrigu Lake is long and with steep pathways it is time taking for many for which it is advised to start early. It's about 4kms steep ascent where the vast greenery slowly turns brown and if it's a winter trek then the area around turns white, filled with snow. The trek till Bhrigu lake is however little difficult in compared to the previous trails with sharp turns and difficult climbs especially in the first two kilometers. The glistening sunrays on the shimmering crystal waters of the lake create different hues every moment providing a visual treat for the hikers. And the bed of alpine flowers, if it's a summer season, bordering the lake is equally attractive. From here the journey continues with a steep descent but amidst green meadows and bed of multi colored wild flowers spread over in patches throughout the trail. On the way down travelers can get a sight of stretched rice fields spread over vast areas excelling the beauty of the mountains. Deo dhar is the next destination and it takes about 2 hours descending to reach the spot.
DAY 4- Deo Dhar to Vashist to Manali – 11km / 6900ft
The last day of the trek is scheduled for a return to Manali but enroute Vashist which is a beautiful location at an altitude of 6900 feet. With religious importance and prominent temples, extravagant scenery and hot water springs it's a place one just can't miss. The trek today is a continuous descends which means the pressure of the heart is less and the work of the foot is much more. The scenic perfection spread around, however is the only boost on the way down with stunning mountain views, spectacular apple orchards ad vast expanse of rice fields. The hiking tour comes to an end at Vashist close to the hot sulpher water spring, the key attraction of the place. Interested trekkers can take a dip in the pristine water and enjoy it at the most. Closer to the water springs lies the temples of Vashist Muni and Lord Rama which is also quite historical. The temples are quite popular here with regular prayers being chanted here. After checking out all the notable places of the Vashist village it's time to descend further to Manali which can be arranged by taking a drive back to the town in not more than 30 minutes. The usual time to reach Vashist is 4 pm.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners from Manali to Manali (VEG)
- Transport from Manali-Manali base camp & Manali base camp-Gulaba & Vashist Kund-Manali
- All accommodation from Manali to Manali
- All campaign equipments
- Medical Kit
- Professional Trek Leaders (Experienced Guide/Staff)
- All forests permits
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Mules (A Hybrid Animal) to carry personal luggage
- Last Day Accommodation & Dinner is not included
- Single room accommodations
- Hard Drinks (This also includes undistilled fermented beverages)
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.
How to Register
Batches Brighu Lake:
11th to 17th November 2017
25th to 28th November 2017
2nd to 5th December 2017
9th to 12th December 17
16th to 19th December 2017
23rd to 26th December 2017
30th to 2nd January 2018
6th Jan to 9th January 2018
13th to 16th January 2018
For registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 7500.00 per person in the given a/c
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate - Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
Please Call or email for any clarification
- Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865
- Treks and Trails 9619095743
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
Things to carry
- 1 Pair of Thermal
- 3 Pair of Socks + 1 Pair of woolen socks
- 2 Pair of Hand Gloves (Water Proof & Fleece material)
- Sun Cap
- Woolen Cap
- Neck Warmer (Scarf/Buff)
- 2 Quick Dry Full Sleeves (T-Shirt)
- 1 Full sleeves Fleece
- 1 Wind Proof Jacket (windcheater/Heavy Jacket)
- 2 Track Pants (No Cotton or Jeans)
- Sun Glass
- Sun scream, Lip balm, Moisturizer
- Trek Pole
- Trekking Shoes (No Sports shoes or Woodland shoes)
- Poncho ( The Gear used to protect from Rain)
- Day pack (Small one)
- Back Pack 60 ltr (+ Rain cover)
- 2 Water Bottles
- Toilet Paper & Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antibactial Powder
- Tooth Brush
- Quick Dry Towel
Medicines to carry
- Crocin (1Strip)
- Disprine (1 Strip)
- Lomotive (1 Strip)
- Digene (1Strip)
- Band Aid - Qty 5
- Neusphorine Powder
- Betadine Tube
- Vomistop/Avomine (Motion Sickness Tablet)