Trek to Lohagad Fort 2017
About Lohagad:-Lohagad “Iron fort” is one of the many hill forts. It divides the basins of the Indrayani and Pavna and is situated on a wide range of the Sahyadri.
The Visapur fort is located on its eastern side. The four large gates of Lohagad are still in good condition and reasonably intact. Historical records show that in the later
Peshwa period, Nana Phadnavis (1742-1800 AD) built several structures in the fort. Best trekking route near Mumbai.
Batches for Lohagad Fort 2017:
- 28th October 2017
- 4th November 2017
- 11th November 2017
- 18th November 2017
- 25th November 2017
Lohagad Fort Trek – Event Details
- Trek Grade: Easy
- Endurance Level – Medium
- Base village – Lohagadwadi
- Lohagad Fort Height - 3400 ft
- Location – Lonavala
- Total time required for climbing: 2 hours from Malavali and 40 minutes from Lohagadwadi
- Total distance for climbing: 5 km
- Trek Leader: Rajesh Mhaddalkar
- Duration: 1 Day
- Cost: Rs 900.00
- Journey starts boarding the Indrayani express.
- Participants to board this train from respective stations with ticket till Malavli station
Lohagad Fort Trek - Event Itinerary
Meet at Lonavala station 08:20 am
Train Timings for Indrayani Express
- CST 5:40 am
- Dadar 5:51 am
- Thane 6:14 am
- Kalyan 6:33 am
- Lonavala 07:58 am
Move to Malavali by local train (8:17 am at Lonavala station platform no 3)
Pune Participants - Lonavala Local Train
- Pune Station 06:30 am
- Shivaji Nagar 06:35 am
- Malavali Station 07:36 am
Lohagad Fort Trek Schedule
08:25 am Move towards Lohagad fort
09:00 am Breakfast
09:30 am Visit Bhaje Caves
12:00 am Lohagad Summit Exploration rest etc. (2 hrs.approx.)
02:30 pm Descend
03:00 pm Lohagadwadi have lunch
04:00 pm move to Malavali Station
05:30 pm Departure for Mumbai / Pune
- 1 veg Breakfast.
- 1 veg Lunch.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
How to Register
Batches for Lohagad Fort 2017
28th October 2017 - Buy Tickets -
4th November 2017 - Buy Tickets -
11th November 2017 - Buy Tickets -
18th November 2017 - Buy Tickets -
25th November 2017 - Buy Tickets -
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 900/- per person
For any queries please call:
- Rajesh Mhaddalkar +919869629288 / +919768341848 (Trek Leader)
- Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
Things to carry
- Haversack to keep hands free
- Water bottle 3 liters
- Extra Pair of clothes.
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Electoral or Glucon powder.
- Personal medicines.
- Sun protection cap, goggles
- Lightweight towel.
Monsoon Event Dos and Don’ts
- Keep your valuables in waterproof bag during monsoon events.
- Wear shoes with good grip.
- Carry Insect Repellents to keep bugs and mosquitoes away.
- Stay together as group during the trek please do not stray away.
- Keep Friends and Family updated on your whereabouts.
Treks and Trails India rules:
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact us, please send us a text message.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags.
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history
to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first
aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible.
The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewelry etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling,
Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in
whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as
a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate
washrooms or bathrooms
What Sapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 9619095743
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd