Trek to Ratangad Fort 2017
About Ratangad Fort:-“Ratan” means Jewel in Hindi. This hill fort is indeed jewel in all the hill forts here in Sahyadri. Geographically Ratangad is on the banks of Bhandardara lake in Ahmednagar district at a height of 4255 feet above sea level. With views of lake and highest mountains in Sahyadri looks very much lost in time.
A 1000 years old temple of Lord Shiva, the Amruteshwar Temple at Ratanwadi, is an absolute paragon of high class architecture of our ancestors, is at the base of this fort. Ratangad has still the remains of fortress with bastions and stone walls. Caves on the top is cut from the rock face and can easily accommodate 25 people at a time. Water cistems are usually filled with water throughout the year and trekkers use them as water source. Eastern side of the fort has some fortification left; one can see Rani Mahal here. From the southern side on can see Katrabai and Ajoba fort very close. This side has also some fortification left, but most of it is damaged. Climbing up on the northern side, one can see natural orifice (hole in rock, locally called nedhe) in the rock face, mostly made by wind. Strong winds can be experienced at this orifice. Decend to the western end of the fort leads closest to the Khutta Pinnacle via Trimbak Darwaja.
Batches for Ratangad Fort 2017
29th 30th July 2017
Difficulty Level: Medium level
Endurance Level: High
Transport: Local public transport is available - usually shared jeep / trax from Kasara
Height of Fort: 4255 ft approx.
Base Village: Ratanwadi
Total time required for climbing: 3 hours one way
Total distance for climbing: 6 km approx.
Trek Leader: Rajesh Mhaddalkar
Duration: 1 night 1 day
Cost Rs 1300 per head.
Ratangad Trek - Event Itinerary
Meeting Point near Pritam Hotel Dadar East sharp at 11:00 pm
23.00 pm - Meeting Point: Pritam Hotel Dadar East
00.00 pm - Teen Haat Naka, Thane
05.00 - Ratanwadi - Base Village
06.00 - Rest inside bus
06.20 - Breakfast & Introduction Round
07.30 - Trek Starts
10.30 - Reach Ratangad Fort and Caves
13.00 - Explore the Fort
14.00 - Lunch
14.30 - Start Descending
16.30 - Reach Base Village
17.00 - Begin Return Journey
23.00 - Reach Mumbai (Depending on Traffic)
- Transportation from Kasara – Ratangad - Kasara by Bus.
- Veg Breakfast, Lunch , Evening Tea
- Equipment, Expertise, guides charges and TreksandTrails, India charges if any.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered. Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
How to Register
Batches for Ratangad Fort 2017
29th 30th July 2017 - Buy Tickets -
For registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 1300.00 per person.
Please Call or email for any clarification
Rajesh Mhaddalkar +919869629288 / +919768341848 (Trek Leader)
Treks and Trails 9619095743
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
Things to carry
- Haversack to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts. Extra Pair of clothes. Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc. Electoral or GluconD powder.
- Personal medicines. Sun protection cap, googles, some ready to eat food like plumb cake, biscuit, fruits.
- Torch with spare set of batteries, Light weight towel.
- Extra set of clothes. A sweater.
- LUNCH for day one, sleeping bag, bed sheets etc.
What's in it for me?
- Offbeat trek.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact us, please send us a text message.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags.
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
Wear good trekking shoes. Take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 9619095743
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd