Kaas Plateau - Thoseghar Waterfall Tour 2017
About Kaas Plateau :- Kaas Plateau Tour also known as Maharashtra's Valley of Flowers. Kaas Plateau is situated on the high hills of Sahyadri in the Western Ghats. It is the best place to visit in the monsoon, from the mid of August to October. The whole plateau looks like a carpet in various shades. It's a unique place for flora researchers, nature lovers & photographers. Near about 175 various flower species found at Kaas Plateau and one of the few found on earth only at Kaas Plateau. In June 2012, UNESCO has announced this location as a Biodiversity World Heritage Site.
Batches For Kaas Plateau 2017 - Valley of Flowers
- 23rd 24th September 2017
- 30th 1st October 2017
- 7th 8th October 2017
- 14th 15th October 2017
- 21st 22nd October 2017
- 28th 29th October 2017
Kas Pathar Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Saturday Night
- 11:00 pm Meeting point at Pritam Hotel Dadar East.(Travelling by Bus)
- Central pick up points Chembur - Vashi - Nerul - Kalamboli McDonalds on the highway only.
Day 2: Sunday
- 05:00 Reach Satara have breakfast
- 07:00 Reach Kaas Plateau. Sight Seeing – Photography – Valley exploration
- 11:00 Travel to Kaas Lake
- 11:30 Departure from Kaas Lake
- 12:30 Lunch
- 16:30 Thoseghar Waterfall
- 18:30 Departure for Mumbai
- 00:00 Reach Mumbai
- Travel by a Non-AC bus 40 Seater 2 X 2 from Dadar to Kaas Plateau Satara and back till Dadar.
- Veg Breakfast, Veg Lunch
- Entry fee for Kaas Plateau & Thoseghar Waterfall
- Treks and Trails India charges.
- Seats will be reserved on first come 1st basis
- Anything not includes above
- Camera Charges at Kaas Plateau
How to Register
Batches For Kaas Plateau Tour and Thoseghar Waterfall 2017
23rd 24th September 2017 - Buy Tickets -
30th 1st October 2017 - Buy Tickets -
7th 8th October 2017 - Buy Tickets -
14th 15th October 2017 - Buy Tickets -
21st 22nd October 2017 - Buy Tickets -
28th 29th October 2017 - Buy Tickets -
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 2200/- per person in the given a/c
Please Call or email for any clarification:
- Rajesh Mhaddalkar +919869629288 / +919768341848 (Trek Leader)
- Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
Things to Carry
- Water Bottle (2-3 Litres).
- Torch with Extra batteries, Cap, Rain cheater (Optional) for those who don't want to get wet.
- Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional).
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other costly ornaments.
- Electoral or Glucon D powder.
- Ready to eat food like Plum cakes, biscuits etc.
- Towel, Napkins, Extra Pair of clothes.
- Polythene bag for your garbage.
- 2 - 3 bunch of papers (Optional).
- Wear Good trekking shoes.
- Personal basic medical kit (Containing an antiseptic, few bandages, personal medications if any, etc.).
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that your hands are free while trekking.
Event Risk Profile
- Heavy rains are expected so please double pack your valuables to save them from getting wet.
- Wear good trekking shoes.
- Due to the monsoon season and various rock patches in this route, we recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking.
- Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky.
- For all these events, you are at your own risk.
- Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition.
- Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
- Wild flowering is a natural phenomena and cannot be guaranteed.
Kaas Plateau Tour Rules - Treks and Trails Rules
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- Treks and Trails reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
- Proper footwear is essential for this trek. As trekking with a weak shoe sole is best avoided.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact. Send a text message.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops/skirt, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Wear comfortable clothes like track pants and t-shirts. Avoid wear jeans pants.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags on treks.
Will we see flowers ?
Flowering at Kaas Plateau is natural phenomenon lot of factors determine good flowering year you can google #kaasplateau for updated images to check flowering in 2016
Toilet Facility ?
Kaas Plateau does not have toilets. Toilets will be available when we stop for breakfast and lunch.
Morning we would using public toilet at bus depot as we reach around 4 am and hotels are closed.
Food Preference ?
Veg Food will provided during the journey .. Food provided is simple and nutritious
Will we be camping ?
I want to do macro photography ?
Kaas is perfect for macro photography. Things required Macro lens / Flash / Incase you dont have macro lens youtube Reverse Lens Macro Photography or Extension Tubes
Will it Rain ?
Yes it rains quite a lot at Kaas do carry your umbrella
Changing Facility ?
There is no proper changing rooms available on this tour we will try to accomodate your request.
What can i see at Kaas other than flowers ?
Kaas has beautiful climate during monsoon Bamnoli lake below Kaas Pathar is perfect to sit and relax we will try to show you maximum flowers possible
Thoseghar Waterfall is around 2 hours away from Kaas Plateau we can visit this majestic waterfall if time permits
Chalkewadi Windmill Farms ?
Windmill farms is near Thoseghar waterfall can be seen easily.
Will we visit Sajjangad Fort ?
We will pass by Sajjangad Fort on our way to Thoseghar due to time limitation we wont be able to visit. To completely explore many forts around Satara we would need 2 - 3 days .
Due to Increased Visitor Traffic at Kaas Plateau and Bad Highway Conditions return timings deadline can be missed. We have reached at 12.30 am to 2 am at Dadar this season
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 9619095743
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd